• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smooth Surface Clay Kit G1016 ~ Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth Surface Clay Kit G1016 ~ Review

I picked up the Smooth Surface Clay Kit for my spring detail and here is what I think... Can we say winner!

First Impressions:
    The kit comes in a great little box with a "Feel the Difference Here!" (before clay/after clay) on the front of the box. Comes with a Supreme Shine Microfiber, I didn't use it during the clay but I can always use another MF. For the Cleaner Wax, didn't use that either but I see where Meguiars is going, kind of a complete diy kit that just about anyone can use.

Application/Use:
    I first washed my truck then used the clay as the directions stated on the back of the box but instead of removing the Quik Detailer with the included Microfiber I followed up with another wash.

I used every bit of the 16oz Quik Detailer that is included in the kit. Might be a little over kill using that much detailer but its an inexpensive product and IMO better to have too much than to little when claying.

I only used one of the two included bars, I did tear the bar in two and used both pieces. Now I have a spare still sealed up ready to use next time.

End Results:
    This kit did exactly what it said it would do... "Creates a Sooth-as-Glass surface.

Overall Impression:
    I have used clay about a dozen times but each time I use it I think "this isn't going to do anything" and each time I am proved wrong. This stuff works!

Having used the Quik Clay before, I had trouble with the clay smearing. Maybe I just have the technique down now but I didn't have any smearing problems with this kit.

The Cleaner Wax and Microfiber isn't a necessity for the enthusiast but for the first timer or one who doesn't have a endless supply of Meguiars products on hand this is a great kit.

Only addition I might think of is an applicator pad for the Cleaner Wax, not that I need one but for the person picking this up once a year to clay/wax their vehicle.

Having recently used the Mothers clay kit, both are about/are the same price but the Meguiars Kits is a step a head for a few reasons, included Microfiber, two individually wrapped clay bars(this is a great idea) and I didn't have any smearing with the Meguiars clay.

This is a GREAT product!

Brandon
    Last edited by gb387; Apr 16, 2006, 10:40 AM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Great write up GB
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Hey Gb,

Nice write-up!

What I really like about the new kit is that little plastic box to store the clay in. That way, I can take it with me in my emergency detailing bag just in case...

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Nice write up! Just about time for a new box of clay. After I do wifes car I'll be out. Noticed Advance Auto has new product in now Will go buy it.
        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');