• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt Tire Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt Tire Cleaner

In a previous post, where I had used the Nxt tire cleaner on the tires of my truck, I had indicated that I was not really impressed with its performance. I had first wet the cool tires, then sprayed on the tire cleaner. I waited about 30 seconds before thoroughly agitating the cleaner with a tire brush. I then sprayed the cleaner off of the tire and allowed it to dry.

I've also indicated that I am still looking for a tire dressing that I like well.

After this weekend, when I did a fairly quick detail on my brother in-law's Land Rover Discovery II, I used the Nxt tire cleaner on his tires. After seeing the end result of this application, I would like to retract my previous opinion of this product, as his tires looked absolutely perfect. I did not feel that they needed to be dressed, although he preferred that they were (so I used the Nxt Insane Shine dressing).

I've come to the conclusion that the problem must be my tires. I really don't know why there would be a difference, but I just cannot seem to get them to like I want them to. The Discovery II wears a Goodyear tire, whereas mine are an inexpensive tire that is available locally (they are a Great Value though ). I'm guessing that there must be a difference in the compound that allows for a "better look". Oh well, I need to give a BIG to Meguiars for this newer product, it served me WELL this weekend. My brother in-law was very happy with his birthday gift, which was having his new truck detailed!

Thanks,
    Matt Colvin

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the follow- up.

Yes, I too have noticed how certain products perform differently on different brands of tires. When I do a review, I try to use it on several different types of tires. I found the NXT Cleaner works well on Goodyear, BFG and Yoko's etc.... I had a few issues on certain Michelin tires, particularly Michelin light truck tires. No problem on Michelin car tires.

In the end, it is a great product! Top it with the Insane Shine and you will have very nice looking tires!!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
      Yes, I too have noticed how certain products perform differently on different brands of tires.
      this has been my experience too....

Comment

Where are you guys finding the NXT tire cleaner OTC? I've checked Pep Boys, Autozone, and Kragen and none of these retailers carry the stuff, just the insane shine.

Comment

My brothers car would be a good test. It has four different tire brands on it.

Where are you guys finding the NXT tire cleaner OTC?
          I ordered a can from Napa. Find a auto paint store and they can probably get you some.
          Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

It is hard to find. When I do find it, I'll usually buy 2 or 3 cans.

Comment

NXT tire cleaner is awesome. I got two cans from ADS. It was easy to use and I didn't even need to scrub.

Comment

Re: Nxt Tire Cleaner

were to buy nxt tire cleaner Big lots have a sale 2.50 can is good sale

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');