• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the W-7006 pad for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the W-7006 pad for?

Hi,

I am about to order my detailing stuff today and I am wondering if I actually need the W-7006 pad. Already checked the search on the forums and it seems it's not used with the Dual Action Polisher with any product, correct?
    Most people only use it for a MF bonnet, do I actually need the 7006 pad for the bonnets or will do the 8006/9006 pad+bonnet the same job?

Re: Whats the W-7006 pad for?

Originally posted by piebald
    Hi,

I am about to order my detailing stuff today and I am wondering if I actually need the W-7006 pad. Already checked the search on the forums and it seems it's not used with the Dual Action Polisher with any product, correct?

Meguiar's does not recommend using our cutting pad on the G100 as while it may remove defects it tends to leave micro-marring in the finish because this formula of foam is very aggressive in its cleaning action.

In the recent past, we've had people join from other forums that have been sold and given the advice to use another companies cutting pad on a dual action polisher and their purpose for coming to our forum has been to seek help in removing micro-marring.

So at this time we do not officially recommend our cutting pad or any companies cutting pad for use with the dual action polisher.

Choice of foam pads for use with a bonnet to remove wax
    Originally posted by piebald
    Most people only use it for a MF bonnet, do I actually need the 7006 pad for the bonnets or will do the 8006/9006 pad+bonnet the same job?
    There are a number of reasons we recommend using our cutting pad for use with a bonnet to remove wax with the G100 dual action polisher.

One of these reasons is the extra stiffness of this cutting pad tends to aid in the removal of wax with a bonnet because the extra stiffness of the foam means the foam will tend not to give way, or gush-in when the combination of bonnet and pad are pushed against the finish while removing wax.

Our W-8006 foam polishing pad can be used but the softer foam, like the foam formula used for our W-9006 finish pad tends to give away, or gush-in, i.e. it compresses and this tends not to lend itself well to removing dried wax.

There is another reason however for obtaining a cutting pad for use with a bonnet to remove wax and that's the color-coding of the pad and the educated aspect of owning the pad.

The simple fact is, once you move up to the world of machine polishing, in most cases you can never have enough polishing and finishing pads to clean, polish and apply wax to your vehicles or customer's vehicles if you detail cars as a business.

If you think to yourself that you will only purchase a minimum of pads, limited to pads that can ]be used to apply product to paint using the G100 dual action polisher, history has proven that sooner or latter you're going to use this clean, dry polishing pad that you have mentally dedicated for use with the bonnet to switch over from product removal to product application.

Now you know longer have a dedicated pad for product removal because you've taken the clean, dry pad you've purchased for using with a bonnet and got it wet and contaminated with a liquid product thus making it technically unusable for use with a bonnet because when removing wax with a bonnet you only want to use a clean, dry pad.

By purchasing a maroon cutting pad, and having been to this forum and being educated on why not to use the cutting pad to apply products using a dual action polisher, you will have mentally already reserved and dedicated this cutting pad for use only as a wax removal pad for use in combination with your clean, dry bonnets.

Does that make sense?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It all makes wonderful sense, Mike.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Very useful info there Mike, as always.
        SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');