• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Magnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Magnet

I just got my yearly shipment of supplies over the weekend. In my shipment was my first water magnet. I have been only really detailing my cars for the last year but before that I just washed and sometimes waxed them. I always thought that a shami was the way to go. I heard so many raves about the water magnet so I told my self that I had to try it. I have a black car and I always get little water spots from the shami since it never dried the car completely. So I finally tried the water magnet this weekend. All I have ti say is WOW. I don't know why I did not try this before. The results were amazing no water spots at all. This is going to save me so much time and save me from walking aroung the car so many times. My wife is thinks I am going to start to wear down the concrete in the garage from walking around the cars so may time when detailing them.
    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2007 Toyota 4Runner

I agree! Wouldn't give up the Water Magnet Drying Towel for anything, I have 6 of them!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Get at least two Water Magnets. Use one to remove most of the water and the second to remove the moisture that is left on the paint. They work better if your car has been waxed recently

Comment

I also just recieved a shipment of a bunch of detail supplies from ADS. I ordered the three pack of water magnets because when I saw them at the store, they didn't feel too thick and I figured they wouldn't absorb too well. Boy was I wrong! It only took one to dry a whole full sized car and it didn't even leave streaks. The water magnet is new best friend.
        Now I have two extra water magnets.

Comment

Re: Water Magnet

I've been thinking about getting one for a while. After reading all your raves, I will definetly order a few with my next order. I currently use a California Blade, which I really like then I follow up with a soft 100% cotton towel. Anyone use out there use the Blade? It works real good at removing the majority of the water.

Comment

I use the California Water Blade as well because most of the cars I wash are really big. I think it is a really good tool but after everything I have read, I think that there will be a couple of water magnets added to my arsenal.
            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I have used the Blade followed by WATER MAGNET. Since I started getting more involved in detailing my vehicles more seriously as well as getting paid to do others, I have gotten away from the Blade and use my Water Magnets primarily. It just makes me nervous that I may get something on the blade and then I run it across the paint that I have worked so hard to CLEAN. It may never happen, but I just don't want to take the chance.
              On the other hand, I love my H2O Magnets. It took me a while to decide to try some but once I did, I regretted waiting so long. I attended the RoadShow in Tampa and that's where I saw them firsthand. I got the chance to use one and saw how they removed water so quickly and without streaking. When the water starts to streak a little, you just move to a new section on the magnet and presto-----water disappears again. I have a full size truck and I get away with using one and then using another one about 1/2 way. They make drying a car quicker and easier.

Comment

I tried the water magnet. I really wasn't that happy with it. It left my car very wet and streaky. I will just stick to my absorber. Drys very well with very little water streaks.

Comment

Originally posted by jguerra3235 View Post
                  I tried the water magnet. I really wasn't that happy with it. It left my car very wet and streaky. I will just stick to my absorber. Drys very well with very little water streaks.
                  I use my absorber followed up with a water magnet.
                  You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

I was absolutely stunned with using this. I dried a full size SUV with just 1. 2 would be ideal for a vehicle like that. I will def. get another for big vehicles. It just doesent seem to get saturated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko-B View Post
                      I also just recieved a shipment of a bunch of detail supplies from ADS. I ordered the three pack of water magnets because when I saw them at the store, they didn't feel too thick and I figured they wouldn't absorb too well. Boy was I wrong! It only took one to dry a whole full sized car and it didn't even leave streaks. The water magnet is new best friend.
                      Now I have two extra water magnets.
                      Who /what is ADS? Can i please have some contact info? I'd like to buy/try the water magnet but sadly its not available here in Australia...

And how much did the 3pack cost.

Thanks

Comment

I use leaf blower first, then the water magnet.
                        SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_GT View Post
                          Who /what is ADS? Can i please have some contact info? I'd like to buy/try the water magnet but sadly its not available here in Australia...

And how much did the 3pack cost.

Thanks
                          Google 'auto detailing solutions' It should be the first or second link.
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                            Google 'auto detailing solutions' It should be the first or second link.
                            But sadly they do not ship internationally

Maybe you could try something like autogeek . net
                            "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
                            - Back To The Future

Comment

Gb387 and Zet, thanks for the info on ADS, I've got a few friends in the US and will get them to buy it and send it to me.

NewportViper,
                              I do the same! I find that a leaf blower gets all the water in the seams, around lights, around side mirrors, grill, etc out and then chamois the car. I'm planning to get a small air compressor to do the same as it will be easier to handle.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');