• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logging In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging In

Hi Mike

Just this evening everytime i access the site i am asked to log in or register to gain access! (previously i could view without logging in).

Its not really an issue for me as I would normally log-in anyway, but thought you should be aware incase this happens to people new to the site, as they may choose to go elsewhere rather than register.

thanks

Rob
    Last edited by Rob66; Apr 18, 2006, 10:31 AM.

I found the same thing to be true. Kind of annoying. Is Meguiar's no longer wanting lurkers? Seems kind of cultish and selfish to me.

I've also noticed that the cookies used to remember logins, or automatic logins have been erratic over the last few weeks. Sometimes it remembers me; sometimes it doesn't. Nothing is changed on my end over this period of time.

Comment

I can’t imagine it’s intentional. Lurkers are an integral part of this Forum.

I think it’s just a software glitch. I don’t know why but I’ve seen it happen before.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus
        I found the same thing to be true. Kind of annoying. Is Meguiar's no longer wanting lurkers? Seems kind of cultish and selfish to me.
        Hi magnus,

Any problem with how you or anyone views the forum is unintentional. We apologize that any problem is annoying you and I can assure you that there is nothing cultish or selfish taking place.

I've also noticed that the cookies used to remember logins, or automatic logins have been erratic over the last few weeks. Sometimes it remembers me; sometimes it doesn't. Nothing is changed on my end over this period of time.
        I have no idea what could be causing these problems, for what it's worth, I've experienced no problems from either my work computer or my home computer.

I'll look into the forum settings this morning and see if I can find anything wrong.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
          I can’t imagine it’s intentional. Lurkers are an integral part of this Forum.

I think it’s just a software glitch. I don’t know why but I’ve seen it happen before.

PC.
          Thank you for giving us the benefit of the doubt Paul. You have been to many events here at Meguiar's and gotten to know me through them and I'm confident that you can attest that my intentions in all realms at Meguiar's is to help everyone succeed whether they're polishing out a defect or reading a thread on our forum for information.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Anyone reading this, that is having a problem, please try this,

Click to this page,

Scroll to the bottom and look for the text button that reads, Logout and click on that text button.

This will clear any cookies set by the Meguiar's Online Discussion forum software and take you to a page that looks like this,

From there you can either click on the the text button that says click here on the page you're on.

Or you can click on the Meguiar's Online Logo in the upper right hand corner of just about any page and it will take you back to the forum homepage.

Once you get back to the homepage you should see a screen that looks like this,

Then enter your forum Username and Password and log back in and see if this doesn't fix any problems you're experiencing.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Okay, after taking all those screen shots, adding text and then uploading them to the gallery and creating the above post, I just checked the forum settings and found the settings for people that are unregistered or not logged-in not correctly checked for viewing the forum.

I have made the corrections so I hope everyone, both members and lurkers can read through the forum normally.

If you cannot, try the above logging out, clearing your MOL cookies and then logging back in and see if this fixes the problem, and as a last resort, send me an e-mail and I'll look into your account settings.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

mphillips@meguiars.com
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Okay, we'll see what happens. Followed all the steps for logging out and logging back in. However, since I was already logged in, it listed me as logged out, requiring me to log in before following the logging out and clearing cookies instructions. Sounds like a major software glitch.

I will assume that the page keeping the lurkers out is a standard vBulletin page that anyone using vBulletin can use with their forum site. Given that this site is so reliant on lurkers, I find it odd that page would be allowed to exist, accidentally or not, which is why I made my comment.

I, too, have been on this site for a while and thought I knew Meguiar's intentions better than that. However, policies and personnel do change without good reason, cause, or notice.

I seriously doubt that my inability to attend many events, as I do not live in Southern California or have the finances to make the many trips that another forum member has been able to do so, makes me any less knowledgeable of Meguiar's or Mike's intentions. It's kind of sad that just because a forum member doesn't live within a 100-mile radius of Irvine, California, that they made to feel less knowledgeable or less important.

Comment

Can you see the forum?
                  Can you post new threads?
                  Can you post replies?
                  Can you upload photos?
                  Can you PM your friends?

I'm not sure what it is that is upsetting you but I will do my best to help resolve any problems. If you like, you can call me on my cell phone to discuss.

949-533-0225
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');