• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Garage - April 19th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Garage - April 19th!

Open Garage - April 19th!

Wow! Another awesome night at Meguiar's with a great group of car guys and some really cool cars!

Old School meets New School but we all learned something tonight!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Rich brought his sweeet 1965 GTO for a little claying and polishing work.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike Pennington, Meguiar's Director of Training demonstrates how to use a wool pad on a rotary buffer to remove scratches...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Jarod DeAnda aka J-Rod shows how to restore the gloss and shine to a show car for a high gloss finish that made the paint almost appear to glow!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike Pennington shows a crowd of people how to remove a dull, mottled look on Eric's Mercedes-Benz and the results were so dramatic that Eric high-fived him!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Rich's GTO had some overspray on it, which everyone there chipped in to help him remove using Meguiar's Detailing Clay.

After this we shared with Rich the correct techniques for using the G100 Dual Action Polisher and he was polishing like a professional in just a few minutes!

When Rich is out driving at night, the only thing you're ever going to see are his GTO's taillights!

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After Rich's GTO, Kyle drove his Volvo into Meguiar's Garage to learn how to remove oxidation and restore the gloss. The first thing we did was show him how to remove above surface bonded contaminants using Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit.

Next we shared the techniques for using Meguiar's G100 Dual Action Polisher to remove swirls, scratches, stains and oxidation for a better than showroom new finish.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

i gotta get to one of these.

Comment

it's so great to see that EVERYONE is having a good time and learning the proper way of car care!

Comment

Thanks Meguiar's

Thanks Mike and J-Rod for showing me how to take better care of my car. It was a lot of fun and very informative.

Comment

Big props to Meguiar's

First and foremost, I would like to congradulate Mike Phillips and Mike Pennington on a great afternoon of education of the Meguiar's products as well as the proper education on the tools to use to make the detailing process more fun. It was also great to meet new friends and faces as well.

I for one learned a lot by just listening while actually watching the proper technique on how to detail. I was simply amazed on how the correct tools and products can make a good car look even better.

Again, many thanks to Mike Phillips & Mike Pennington on a much needed education on the use of the proper techniques, tools and products.

I am eagerly awaiting my turn to take the Saturday class, until then, I look forward to attending the next Open Garage at Meguiar's again.

Best regards,

Angel
                      "Sawulook"
                      Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
                      James R. Cook

Comment

Very cool cars! Have Rich keep the cord over his shoulder!

Last edited by Newport Viper; Apr 20, 2006, 12:25 PM.
                        SRT-10 Silver

Comment

First and Foremost,
                          Definitely thank you to Mike and Mike for education and proper paint and detailing care.
                          That's A priority #1.

Secondly,
                          Thanks for coming out participating and checking out what Meguiar's Garage is all about.

Lastly,
                          Thanks for the "On The Pulse" Meguiar's Garage success.

I know everybody had a good time, checked out some cool cars (Signal Auto Civic-the Orange one) and got to rap out with like minded people of the car hobby.

Be on the lookout for
                          "On The Pulse" Meguiar's Garage Next month MAY 17TH Wednesday
                          5-10pm

I'll be there with a special guest VIP feature vehicle, you'll see stay tuned.
                          SEND IT!
                          Life's too short... Live Fast

Comment

Thanks to Mike & Mike for a great class! The spot we did looks 100% better and gives me a target to strive for.

A special thanks to all those who chipped in to clay the Goat and get the overspray off from the 5 cans of semi-flat black paint used on the chassis when I rebuilt the suspension!

I learned a lot and met a lot of great car guys with some very cool rides.

Newport Viper, good catch on the cord...I'll have to remember to keep it over the shoulder next time I bust out the G-100 to do the rest of the Goat.

I hope to make another open garage night in the future and see some of the guys I met and some new car guys as well. It's always a pleasure to meet like minded individuals who love to take care of their rides.

Thanks again for having us.

Regards,
                            Rich
                            Last edited by tripower; Apr 20, 2006, 03:20 PM.
                            1965 Pontiac GTO
                            2005 Pontiac GTO
                            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

i just gotta say, "mike, you rock!" and so do all the car crazy folks and their rides that showed up last night.

i was starting to think i was going to have to live with the haze starting to take over the finish on the roof of my volvo...and on a wagon, there's a lot of real-estate up there.

even the dealer had given me the "well, it just happens" speech. but i think the dealer needs to take your class! (or at least come to a wednesday night open garage)

because after a few seconds at the hands of an artist, (that's you, mike....) a little clay, a little colorX on a G-100 buffer, and the haze was gone! and then you were kind and patient enough to teach me how. you were clear and helpful, you just made it easy!

and the factory shine is back my 850T5 after 168,000 miles on the road.

thanks again for an evening of fun, teamwork, and learning that far exceeded my expectations.
                              -- kyle
                              1997 volvo 855 T5 | 1973 datsun 240z |
                              2002 saab 9-5 wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');