• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#s 39 & 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #s 39 & 40

Just tried #s 39 & 40 today for the first time. I was very impressed.

I had some splatter/sling left as a result of some recent Rotary & product practice I have been putting myself through. Some of this stuff was several weeks old and sunbaked.

I had already tried a few days ago hitting it with APC and a ZWIPES MF applicator. This was after hitting it with the pressure washeer. It helped but did not do a very good job.

Today I used the same applicator and #39 to clean my rubber and black plastic trim. I simply went over each piece lightly once to moisten everything then with a little bit of passion I was able to remove almost all of it. The spots left were on textured surfaces and came off very easily by using the Triple Duty Detail Brush. There is not one spec of polish residue left that I can find. And after the #39, the trim looked great. The #40 did not really seem to add alot to it as far as appearance goes, but I know that was just to put it over the top and protect it.

The #40 is not glossy at all. I am used to using undiluted HyperDressing for my trim. I might try using it again next time after the #39.

All and all I am pleased. I knew I could get this stuff off but kept putting it off because I figured it was going to take some serious passion to rid myslef of it. The #39 proved to be my "passion in a bottle".
    Last edited by Jeff Smith; Apr 20, 2006, 06:49 PM.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

I have some #39 ordered, i hope to have good results on my tonneau cover. I'll more than likely be using All Season Dressing on it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin
      I have some #39 ordered, i hope to have good results on my tonneau cover. I'll more than likely be using All Season Dressing on it as well.
      I have not tried ASD yet. I know 2hotford loves it and I am anxious to give it a shot. I like Hyperdressing pretty well because it comes off very easily. For me that's good. I seems that once it dires it is the least likely to stay tacky and have dust & grit stick to it. I have gallon of the stuff so don't want to spring for a gallon of ASD right now.

I made the big mistake today of spraying Insane Shine into my wheel wells. I let it set about 4 hours then came to work. Now the inside of my wheel wells look like sandpaper. Oh well. I had to try it. I will continue using HD in the wheel wells now.
      Jeff Smith

Comment

corrected in next post
        Last edited by matt colvin; Apr 20, 2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I'm glad you made the comment about the wheel-wells. Wonder what would look good, as I undercoated mine last spring. I order some Safe-D-Greaser as well. I was thinking that ask or some just about any other dressing would do.

Maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin
            I'm glad you made the comment about the wheel-wells. Wonder what would look good, as I undercoated mine last spring. I order some Safe-D-Greaser as well. I was thinking that ask or some just about any other dressing would do.

Maybe not?
            If I am not mistaken, Tim (2hotford) does use Hyperdressing in his wheel wells. I try to do a bit of searching here in a bit and see if I can find that thread. You definately want to go with something that stays non tacky. HD does well at that. The main reason I used the Insane Shine was that I was trying to see if I could find a spray on and wlak away product. With the Hyper dressing, I had to spray then wipe with an old terry towel to get it the way I liked it. The sprayer nozzle does not atomize it enough for me. Maybe I should try dilluting it. I use it straight.
            Last edited by Jeff Smith; Apr 20, 2006, 07:26 PM.
            Jeff Smith

Comment

That was easy. Here is a link where Tim states he uses HD in the Wheel wells and even states how he applies.

Jeff Smith

Comment

i also like to use hyper dressing in the wheel wells as well. all i do is spray (adjust the spray pattern to a fine mist) and walk away. it's worked great for me! gosh... it's funny that all season dressing is being talked about, as i just bought a gallon today (bought a gallon of water based dressing yesterday)! hmmmm.... i'm spending way too much $$ as of late...

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut
                  i also like to use hyper dressing in the wheel wells as well. all i do is spray (adjust the spray pattern to a fine mist) and walk away. it's worked great for me! gosh... it's funny that all season dressing is being talked about, as i just bought a gallon today (bought a gallon of water based dressing yesterday)! hmmmm.... i'm spending way too much $$ as of late...
                  I know the feeling. I found a PBE store close by that keeps the whole pro line on the shelf. I did not think there were any around as Megs PBE store finder did not list it. I am up there about every 2 days buying a bottle of something or other.

I think my HD bottle has the gray spray nozzle. Which do you use??. Do you dillute it?? I have been using it straight. One part of my wheel wells is textrured and one part is smooth. It looks great when sprayed undilluted on the textured part but looks terrible when applied to the smooth part. I suspect I need to dillute it but hate to loose the looks. 2hotford and Superior Shine both seem to dillute it so I guess that my best bet. I'd like to know which nozzle they use though.
                  Jeff Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
                    I found a PBE store close by that keeps the whole pro line on the shelf. I did not think there were any around as Megs PBE store finder did not list it. I am up there about every 2 days buying a bottle of something or other.
                    same here. but there are two stores nearby, and i can't just walk in without buying anything. i have to at least buy a spray head or something.

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
                    Which do you use??. Do you dillute it?? I have been using it straight. One part of my wheel wells is textrured and one part is smooth. It looks great when sprayed undilluted on the textured part but looks terrible when applied to the smooth part.
                    you definitely want to dilute it, as it is very concentrated as you just want to spray a light dress coat and not a thick one (you'll save product as well). i use a sprayhead that is for mist and wipe products (glass cleaner, qd, water based dressings, etc). all you have to do is adjust the sprayhead to suit your need, as i have. i use the sprayhead as pictured below...

Last edited by imacarnut; Apr 20, 2006, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I don;t have that Spray Bottle. I have the ones from the Fetailer line. I'll Dillute it and try a couple different heads and see what happens.

I have been telling myself to dillute for months now but hate to give up the look. I'll give it a shot though.

I do like the HD though. I like it in my wheel wells as well as on my black, rubber coated running boards. It dires pretty well and washes of very easily.

I tried in on my tires but found that even a light dew, several days after applying it would moisten it up enough to start slinging. I might try that again after illuting though.
                      Jeff Smith

Comment

Hi Jeff,

For wheel wells, I like to dilute HD around 3:1. That way, I get a nice sheen and it does not attract dust. But it comes down to preference.

Cheers!

Tim
                        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Jeff, you're an asset to this board.

I remember Tim's HD usages, as he does them very well. I bought the ASD for my tonneau cover mostly, but hadn't thought about diluting it for the wheel wells. I haven't recieved my order yet, so I haven't seen it either lol. I still haven't found a place in my area that carries much Meguiars Professional stuff.

Comment

I absolutely love #40.
                            I detailed my roomates RSX yesterday and cleaned the vinyl components inside the car with #40....the results were amazing. It cleaned everything to a like new condition. and then left a nice soft "glow" making it look BETTER than new.
                            haha...my roomate saw the results the #40 was bringing out and decided he wanted to clean something too, so he grabbed an applicator pad and a MF towel and starts going to work on the other side. The only words between us while we were working was "hey, gimme the stuff"
                            Great stuff. Im picking up a gallon of it as soon as my 16oz bottle gets down to about halfway.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');