• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

costly car detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: costly car detailing

Haters! You know, I have not once thought this guy was crazy or too expensive. People that don't like him are jealous and don't understand basic economics/marketing. If people are willing to pay his prices for a premium/luxury service, he's not ripping anyone off. If they feel the cost is justified, they are receiving value from it.

This guy is a genious and everyone making bottom dollar servicing 100's of clients and complaining are rediculous. Does anyone buy Captain Crunch cereal over the nameless bag kind? Anyone fancy some Starbucks over some Folgers? Or maybe Calvin Klien underwear over some Haynes? Exactly. We don't all shop at Wal-Mart for everything for a reason. We value some stuff over others, mainly because brand names and excellant marketing. Again, this guy = total genious.

Comment

Amazing video for sure.
      r. b.

Comment

it was down to a certain individual whom was approached by paul dalton to promote him ( dom from dodo juice before dodo was created ).
        in turn what happened was that dom actually got smegged by paul and paul got all the fame and fortune.
        unfortunately for him he is either seen as a god ( which theirs only one and its not him )or a fool but hes made his claim to fame and wont be forgotten.
        if you check his website now hes doing interior details from £65 which is below what was average so even hes struggling now.
        as for the royale he uses it actually only gets refilled once a year not as soon as it is empty so isnt that great.............just another promotional thing TBH.
        Beau Technique
        Member of the autoshine sv detailing network and dodo juice authorised detailer in the UK.

Happy days maxin the waxin.

Comment

saw this video a few months ago in HDTV and I enjoyed it but, none of the products seem to have been revealed to viewers so I did not gain much from it except I now know what I`ll be waxing the Barabus TKR with a few years from and who will more than likely be doing the work!

Comment

Wow... Nice! I heard that European detailers are the highest paid the auto industry such as mechanics and so on... does anybody know if this is true?

Comment

Us aussie's get some good money detailing. Most of my work is in the $650 to $1,500 per detail.which includes a paint hardening (50% harder) and colour enhancing permanent crystal Lacquer coating
              My new services thats coming will be a once off in the world including not just shine but 3D colour, permanent orange peel burial and will cost $1500 to $2,000. everything underneath and on top will be perfected.

not even paul does this

Comment

in our money it works out at starting prices of $450 upwards.
                4x4's and mpv's start from around $830 upwards.
                these include paint swirl removal and full detail of the vehicle.
                if the client wants wheels removing, serious fine tuning round every last nook and crannie it can weigh in at $1350-$1600.
                its not all about the money imo its about knowing the vehicles been done to the spec the client wants.
                i work a lot of bespoke jobs and tailor round what the client wants so in that sense im not one of the well off uk detailers but the charges are high over here for sure.
                Beau Technique
                Member of the autoshine sv detailing network and dodo juice authorised detailer in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by beautechnique-scott View Post
                  as for the royale he uses it actually only gets refilled once a year not as soon as it is empty so isnt that great.............just another promotional thing TBH.
                  He doesn't use Royale anymore, he has his own Swissvax product called Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock
                  AeroCleanse, LLC
                  Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                  www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Hes been swissvax for some time now.
                    The crystal rock was the first initial step for the dalton/swissvax joining forces.
                    The guy that trained me was the trainer for swissvax for 15 years and had enough as swissvax were forcing detailers to be authorised and he didnt think they were good enough tbh.
                    Paul is an outstanding detailer but there are many more that arent in the public eye so much that are far better.
                    The swissvax/dalton thing is just another promotional product to increase sales, same as david beckham and adiddas etc imo.
                    So much politics every day in the world of detailing, its sad at times as were all in the trade whether just starting out or long time served.
                    Beau Technique

Comment

i watched this yesterday on Discovery channel, cool to see on here. Does waxing by hand actually do anything special?

Comment

With all the calicuses on my hand I had better stick to an applicator pad

Comment

Originally posted by jakers11 View Post

Does waxing by hand actually do anything special?

The warmth & oils from your hand liquify the hard paste. (turns a solid into a liquid)

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post
                            but wow i want to go and try to apply wax with my hands even though almost all meguairs waxes say that they may cause skin irratation...its worth it!
                            So does that mean I should stop covering myself in M16 when I sun bathe?

Trying to find other uses for the eight tins I bought off eBay.....

Comment

I tried waxing a car with Gold class wax by hand before, I didn't get any irritation. I prefer using a applicator pad though, I can get a more even coverage

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');