• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange Coast Region Porsche Club - April 22nd 2006!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Coast Region Porsche Club - April 22nd 2006!

Orange Coast Region Porsche Club

One moment there was nothing but quiet, and then without notice our entire parking lot filled with Porsches!

Check out this 1959 Porsche!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

It was a full class of serious Porsche enthusiasts ready, eager and willing to learn!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After the classroom session was over it was time to take what we learned in the class and put it into practice in the garage! Even though it was a very full class, everyone paid close attention to techniques being demonstrated.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

More pictures later... the last man standing just left and it's time to close down Meguiar's Garage for the night and head on home!
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, just wanted to say thanks again for letting me come by and hang out. I had a great time like always and all te porsche guys were such a great group to get to know and hang out with. Thanks a lot everyone!

George
          I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Clean Wheels

Mike,

First I like to thank you for sharing the amazing amount of knowledge with our group. I learned so much that on Sunday, I attacked my 356a to try to get the massive about of swirl marks that you saw and I ignored, this car might need a couple of passes to get finish swirl free. So for know it looks good, I want looks great.

Thanks for the freebie's, I want to make a comment about the Meguiar's All Wheel Cleaner I got. How about one word instead of a comment, amazing! I have a 2003 BMW M3, the car is fantastic but the brake dust makes you cry! I've tried a dozen different products to make this task less of a pain on Saturday mornings but nothing has come close. I've tried different spray's. liquids, waxes, and pure elbow grease. After a week of driving the M3 the brake dust must get baked on or something, I just want to drive another car looking at it.

I recently have been using Wheel Wax and Eagle One. This has made it a little more easy, oh yeah I have the Dinan Forged Wheels on the car. It still was an one hour thing to get the wheels shinny. I tried the All Wheels Cleaner from Meguiar's and the stuff attacked the brake dust like it was it's last meal. I followed all directions, maybe more than 15 seconds before I scrubbed the tires a bit with a brush. When I rinsed them I could not really believe it. I could almost see my reflection in the wheels. They where better than knew, it has that much shine.

I must of told everyone how amazing this stuff was, they really thought I must of been crazy, they just don't understand how nasty BMW brake dust is. We'll I'll never use anything on these wheels but this product. I know come this weekend they will be dirty but at least it will be something simple to clean.

Again thanks for your time and Meguiar's support of these detailing clinincs. A great idea!

Miguel Gil

Comment

Mike,

Thanks a lot. You are just great. What a teacher! I learned a lot from your class that day. I have been a Meguiar's fan for years. After the class not only I learned how to apply the product, but also I learned the line of products that Meguiar has as well.

Rudy.

Comment

Class On Saturday

Mike-

I was on the forum to check out some information and saw this thread from our class on Saturday so I just wanted to say Thanks for all the knowledge that you imparted to us newbies. I have never known what products you should buy to do all the tasks we went over on Saturday, but by doing a test spot on my car after the class was great experience so now I know what to do. I will be using only Meguiar's from now on to try and whip my old car back into shape. Thanks again.

Kent

Comment

Hi Kent,

Thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure having your club at Meguiar's. Just to note, I usually have more pictures from a Saturday Class posted by now but I've just been so busy with other projects plus getting ready for the class I'm teaching in Tampa, Florida this Saturday.

There are still a few open seats for the Tampa, Florida class, if you or any of your club members know of any Porsche fans in this area that you think would enjoy this class you might consider letting them know about it.

I'll try to get some more photos posted to this thread, please feel free to share the link to this with your club...

Sign-up now to go to the Hands-on Detailing Class in Tampa, Florida!

It's the hands-on training that brings your skill level up to professional results fast!

Click here to sign-up!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Porsche Club Detailing Class

Mike,

Thanks for letting me join your class April 22, as usual it was very informative.

It amazes me how much information you can supply in such a short period. Thanks to Meguiars and you Mike for your product support and instruction. This is one big reason we use and promote your products exclusively at our detail shops.

If you are interested in doing a road show in Colorado (Denver/Evergreen) or Houston (The Woodlands) I would be happy to help organize and support.

Thanks Again
                    David Harris
                    Vosstire@hotmail

Comment

Re: Porsche Club Detailing Class

Originally posted by vosstire
                      Mike,

Thanks for letting me join your class April 22, as usual it was very informative.
                      Thank you for the kind words. It's always our pleasure to have you be a part of our Saturday classes when you're in town. We would like to thank you wife for being so underastanding of your passion for the car hobby and Meguiar's!

If you are interested in doing a road show in Colorado (Denver/Evergreen) or Houston (The Woodlands) I would be happy to help organize and support.

Thanks Again
                      David Harris
                      Vosstire@hotmail.com
                      When the timing is right, we'll take you up on this offer! Thank you!
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');