• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#40 compared to nxt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #40 compared to nxt

what are the differences or should I say benifits of one over the other? I've used them both and can't make up my mind. I love the feel of #40 but the smell is not my first choice. I love the smell of nxt, but the feel isn't as "dry" as #40. so what are the other benifits of one over another.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

I personally like both but the smell of the NXT is not apropriate for a high end car. The #40 while not having an atractive smell it leaves a natural more/less leather smell once you are done and everthing is all wiped down and looking good.

The NXT looks very good on tires if you go over with a towel and buff it down once dry.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Originally posted by DETLMAN a.k.a. SqkyKln
      I personally like both but the smell of the NXT is not apropriate for a high end car.
      ahh, now I feel cheap and dirty.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

One difference between the two is the #40 has more cleaning ability than the NXT. For this reason, the NXT is more suited for surfaces still in new or clean condition. If the surface has been neglected for any length of time, or is visibly dirty, then you should pre-clean it with a product like the M-3916 Vinyl Cleaner.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Sorry I wasnt trying to offend you or anyone else, but I just think a 100K car should smell natural...no fragrance and #40 is close to that. I do like to spray wheel wells with something that smells good, then when the customer picks the car up first they notice how good it looks and then they get the happy smell just as they get ready to get in the car. And then the interior just smells clean and new.

Comment

your going to have to try alot harder to offened me! I was only kidding. I want to stay with #40 but the smell is just alittle off to me, nxt smell doesn't seem to stay as long, but I love the #40 finish. I guess I want someone to make up my mind for me and my wife won't cooperate.

I just think a 100K car should smell natural
            I think a 100k car should smell like the bank.
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
              your going to have to try alot harder to offened me! I was only kidding. I want to stay with #40 but the smell is just alittle off to me, nxt smell doesn't seem to stay as long, but I love the #40 finish. I guess I want someone to make up my mind for me and my wife won't cooperate.

I didnt think so but just in case

I think a 100k car should smell like the bank.

I hear that !!

Comment

NXT seems to wear off kind of quick (interior and exterior). Also attracts dust, based on my limited usage. I'm going with #40.

Comment

If you don't like the smell of #40 you might try W dressing (or I guess it's hyper dressing now). The look and feel is pretty close when dilluted down, and there's almost no smell.
                  Later,
                  Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                  Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
                    NXT seems to wear off kind of quick (interior and exterior). Also attracts dust, based on my limited usage. I'm going with #40.
                    I haven't had any dust issues, my only problem is that nxt is either to shiny or not enough when I wipe it down. #40 has that just right look. I know this isn't the product as much as the way I'm applying them. #40 just works better for my technique. I feel both are great products just one seems to be made for "me".
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');