• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with a friend's interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a friend's interior

My friend is selling his SUV, and wants me to help him clean it up a little. The paint looks to be in very good condition, nothing major that a good hand polish and wax can't fix, but the interior is another story.

These are two pics I have:

Bigger Picture

Bigger Picture

I think I have the carpets taken care of, I have a Bissel carpet cleaner that works very well on carpets and a shop vac. Everything else, on the other hand, is up in the air. Any tips on what to use on the leather to clean it? I have Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, but I don't think it will make a dent in the leather.

Also, what should I use on the door and dash plastic? In the bigger versions of the pic you can sorta make out the dirt on the door armrests and dash, and it looks worse in person.

I would prefer if I could pick the products up locally, and I will be sure to post pics when it is all complete!

Thanks,
    Mike

to MOL
    I think the seperate 2 step may have more cleaninig ability
    Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner
    Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner

good luck and take lots of pics
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I will look into the dedicated cleaner later today. Anything else I should put on my shopping list to clean the plastic armrests and dash?

Comment

I personally had good experience with the All Purpose Cleaner dilluted down to 10:1 for leather

Comment

Re: Help with a friend's interior

Originally posted by 02RSX
          My friend is selling his SUV, and wants me to help him clean it up a little. The paint looks to be in very good condition, nothing major that a good hand polish and wax can't fix, but the interior is another story.

These are two pics I have:

Bigger Picture

Bigger Picture

I think I have the carpets taken care of, I have a Bissel carpet cleaner that works very well on carpets and a shop vac. Everything else, on the other hand, is up in the air. Any tips on what to use on the leather to clean it? I have Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, but I don't think it will make a dent in the leather.

Also, what should I use on the door and dash plastic? In the bigger versions of the pic you can sorta make out the dirt on the door armrests and dash, and it looks worse in person.

I would prefer if I could pick the products up locally, and I will be sure to post pics when it is all complete!

Thanks,
          Mike
          It's 11:01 pm right now and I coincidentally I just got finished detailing the interior of a very, very dirty car w/ dog hair everywhere, so I had to use the vac w/ the crevice tool like no other. Considering it took me 6 hours, I think the before and after pictures will speak for themselves. I will post a link tomarrow when I post the thread. But the ALOE CLEANER is the way to go, I had great results with it. Just rubbed it in with a mf a small section at a time and it bought out the real color of the leather. Quik interior detailer is a must. And in my opinion, natural shine is the best dressing for the dash, w/ the best smell too. And don't forget to clean the glass. Side note: apc works great on carpets.

Comment

Just an update on the detail:
            The interior looks worse in real life than in the pictures.

We did a quick wash on the exterior of the SUV, using Meg's Deep Crystal Car Wash Soap, (which by the way is the best that I have used, even better imo than Gold Class Soap). After drying it, we applied a single coat of NXT tech wax. This helped a little, but the finish really needed a little more TLC. Fortunatly, the light color of the paint hides the imperfections pretty well, and it turned out good enough. I normally do the interior first, but it was about to rain, and we had to work quickly. Just as we got finished with the wash, it started to rain, but we got it into my garage in time.

The interior, on the other hand, did not turn out so well. After vacuuming it with a shop vac and crevice tool to get all the loose dirt, I broke out my floor cleaner/extractor. There were some kind of grease or oil stains on the drivers floor mat, which would not come out. I do not own the best machine for the job (Bissel Little Green Machine), but it usualy takes out stains with ease. The floor mats still have the large stains, but they did get a bit cleaner overall.

As for the leather, all that I could find locally was the Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner (the single bottle/all in one). It did make the leather softer and smell good, but did not visibly take out much dirt.

The dashboard and interior plastic was filthy, but Meg's Quick Interior Detailer did a good job on cleaning most of it up and giving it a nice shine. Some places, such as the armrests, still had deep imbedded dirt that I could not remove.

My friend was satisfied with what we got done, and we were on a time limit, but I would like to know a couple of things for next time.

Many have mentioned Meg's APC. What can I use this one (Carpet? Dash? Seats?) and what dilution is the best?

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, my friend has the pics of the after, but I will see if I can get a copy of them to post!

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');