• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a "wheel wipe" for touch ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a "wheel wipe" for touch ups?

I could skip a weekend between washings if I had a way to clean the brake dust off my front wheels in between. It would have to be done without rinsing with a hose and getting water spots on the paint. Anybody do anything like that between washings?
    TwoTooBlack

Because one black car just wasn't enough . . .

Have you tried a quick detailer and a towel? I wouldn't wait until they are gross, though. You might want to do it more than once a week.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I haven't, but I will! Thanks.
      TwoTooBlack

Because one black car just wasn't enough . . .

Comment

I use the small California duster. I have a small one for the interior and another small one for the wheels. Works great for removing that annoying brake dust between washings.
        -Bob
        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

I like the duster idea -- i have one for the car and i do use it on the wheels but it's kind of big. Little one huh,

Comment

My wheel spokes are wide enough to allow me to use a sheepskin mitt on my wheels. Due to bad Audi brake dust I fantatically wipe the wheels and keep plenty of sealant, most recently, Mothers Clear Coat Wheel Polish, on them.
            my product collection-- New !
            My Detailing Credo
            Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

quick detailer works awsome onmy painted wheels.i use it for touch up as and after i wash really improves the gloss on my rims and keeps them cleaner longer.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');