• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner Wax Leaving Streaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner Wax Leaving Streaks

Today I saw the first love bug and decided to put a coat of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on the fiance's truck. I did not have time to do a full 5-step process, but I did wash, clay, re-wash, and apply a coat of the cleaner wax. When I finished up, I noticed that the hood was slightly streaky. I used some QD, and the streaking was diminished, but not gone. The finish was cool when I applied the wax and I was in the shade. I am stumpped. I used this same wax, from the same can, on my grandma's truck last week with fantastic results, so I don't get it. What did I do wrong? Any advice? Thanks.

How well cared for was you Grandma's truck?

I have had some issues on less-than-cared for surfaces.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

This is the wierd thing. My Grandma's truck is a '92 F-150 with a poorly cared for finish, but not what I would call neglected. My fiance's truck is a 2002 Ford Ranger with a finish in good condition. I don't understand what I could have done wrong.

Comment

Well, it could be any number of little factors.. maybe that part hadnt dried all the way, got applied a little thick, etc.

I have been known to forget, and swipe test one part of the car. And then buff off the whole thing... naturaly other parts hadnt dried yet.

Nothing permanent at least.

Comment

You know what Murr, I bet that is what happened. That is what I did. I'll give it another go next week. Thanks for the advice. I have found everyone here to always be so helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks.

Comment

Hopefully that is what it was.. should turn out ok easily enough...

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');