• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Lettering on Truck Cap Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Lettering on Truck Cap Glass

A friend at work just bought a truck that has a Brahma Truck Cap on it. It has 6 or 8 inch letters on the rear glass that spell out BRAHMA.

These letter are white, and do not appear to be decals. It almost looks like they might be paint. He has tried a variety of things up to laquer thinner to remove them and has had no success. He has managed to get the white off some of the letters, but he now has a grey "shadow" where the white used to be.

Any thoughts?

I will post pictures later today, I was unable to find any online so I have to go take some.

Has he tried carefully using a razor blade while keeping the glass wet with glass cleaner yet?

Comment

Yup..that removes the white, but leaves the shadow, so you can still clearly see the lettering.

Comment

My thoughts would lean towards #4 and if that does not cut thru then goof-off. I use goof-off with the yellow bug sponge for cleaning up road paint from the finish and this same combo works wonders cleaning up baked on hard pine tree sap spots and various sticker residues.
        The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

is goof off like goo be gone?

Comment

I just checked the internet and Goo Be Gone is a diiferent product than Goof-Off. However both product labels say they remove the same types of gunk. I do get Goof-Off at Home Depot or Lowes.
            The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');