• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brown haze after removing carnauba wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brown haze after removing carnauba wax?

Every once in a while when I remove the Meguiar's cleaner wax...

I'll get a brown haze. Even after a lot of "passion", it still appears to have a little bit of a haze. Am I not letting it sit long enough, or too long? The haze DOES go away, but I just thought it was wierd that it would leave a haze like that.

any ideas?

Matthew 19:26

How does the paint look?

Are you working on a single-stage finish or a clear coat finish?

Is the paint in excellent condition?

Is the car a daily driver?

I'm off to a meeting but will check back when I get back online, probably around noon...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      How does the paint look?

Are you working on a single-stage finish or a clear coat finish?
      I'm not sure - I've experienced this on a Navy Blue 2000 camaro, a 1999 Red Trans Am, and a 1992 Red Nissan Sentra.

Is the paint in excellent condition?
      on the first two, immaculate...the sentra, eh, it's a 14 year old car.

Is the car a daily driver?
      Yes, they all have been at 1 point.

Comment

I will say though, the haze DOES go away. I'm just curious as to what causes it to come, and also what causes it to go...

Wouldn't ever want to say something to someone along the lines of "well, that haze will be gone in an hour". heh.

Comment

what's a guy gotta do for a little help around here?

I'm not going to inflate my post count my making useless posts, but I'd genuinely desire some help...

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I've been offline quite a bit since last Thursday as I was in Florida for a detailing class. I took Sunday off and played catch-up all day yesterday.

I'm not sure why you get a haze, my suggestion would be to try using a dedicated paint cleaner like ScratchX on any panel giving you this problem and then either apply the same cleaner/wax or try a new product.

If you e-mail me your shipping address I'll send you a new bottle of wax to try.

How's that for a little help?

I've been using Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax since 1977 and have never had a problem with it, so this could be something related to surface preparation?

I honestly don't know.

Here are the basics,
            • Wash
              Clay - If needed, feel your paint after washing and it should feel smooth like new glass, if it doesn't then you need to clay
              Clean with a paint cleaner if needed
              Polish - Optional
              Protect - Apply two thin coats of wax allowing each to dry until they swipe clear. Remove with a clean soft applicator pad
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

hey...sorry for flying off the handle a little bit. It's been quite a long day.

i did have a thought though, maybe this could be the problem. what is the shelf life of a paste wax?

Comment

Originally posted by navyblue2000
                hey...sorry for flying off the handle a little bit. It's been quite a long day.
                I didn't see any flying?

i did have a thought though, maybe this could be the problem. what is the shelf life of a paste wax?
                Generally speaking, if the product has not frozen, then we state our products have a shelf life of 3-5 years. I have a can of cleaner/wax from around 1973 that works just fine and bottles of #7 from Pre-1940 that also work like they were poured yesterday.

Send me you shipping address and I'll send you a couple of waxes to try.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');