• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mfs vs the old mfs; mini review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mfs vs the old mfs; mini review

I waxed with Gold Class today, and since I ordered a 20-pack of the new mfs, and I had one UNOPENED old mf, I figured it would be a good comparison.

A few people have pointed out the physical differences between the towels; the new being edgeless, slightly plusher, and equal nap on both sides, the old being edged, a bit thinner, and short/long nap.

I used the towels to remove the GC. I found BOTH towels to be excellent products. BOTH towels removed the hazed product with approximately equal ease, leaving no marring.

That being said, the new towel is nevertheless an improvement for the physical reasons stated above; no edge means more cleaning area, and nap on both sides mean each towel can be used twice as long for each job. I fold my towels in quarters, and use a quarter of each side per panel, thus doing a car with one mf towel. And, I think that the price went down, making it a winner in every way.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Thanks for the review Mosca, I think you nailed this one very accurately.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

All I can say about the new Meguiar's Ultimate Wipes is...... with what has already been said! I really love these cloths!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Re: New mfs vs the old mfs; mini review

Originally posted by Mosca
        I ordered a 20-pack of the new mfs, and I had one UNOPENED old mf,

the physical differences between the towels; the new being edgeless, slightly plusher, and equal nap on both sides, the old being edged, a bit thinner, and short/long nap.

That being said, the new towel is nevertheless an improvement for the physical reasons stated above;
        Which MF towels specifically are you referring to Mosca? Are you talking about Meguiar's Ultimate Wipes?

Comment

Hey,

Yes, Mosca is referring to the new and improved Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe microfiber detailing cloth:

Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe M-9910

They are now edgeless and have a deeper nap. I really love these new towels!

Tim

Comment

Are these new towels going to be available in Canada?

Comment

Hey,

Since the original Utimate Wipe is available, I would say that there is a good chance the new version will arrive in Canada as well.

Tim

Comment

Re: New mfs vs the old mfs; mini review

i must have gotten a bad batch becuase i cant say things like EDGELESS ... THICKER DENSER ... has anyone else not seen the hot wire cuts on the edges that leave the plastic protruding?!?!?!?! you can scratch your skin with the corners!
                and upon looking at the package they say UNIQUE EDGELESS TOWEL FOR TRUE SCRATCH FREE PERFORMANCE ..... ummmmm ok

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');