• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Florida! - Roadshow Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

djerick, you look skeered...

Where we the only two that used the rotary?-
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

And Mike P, I couldn't resist. I removed those marks on the roof of the black convertible with two passes of 83, then fine polished with 80. I feel like a Master Detailer! Ha!

Before going to the class, I believed that I had some of the technique dialed in (turns out I did)--but how long to work the product was still up in the air. I think I have got that down now. I also think I was using too much 80/83 product, and I know I was using too much Tech Wax.

My Kudos are in another thread. Just wanted to give an update.

Comment

Thanks and kudos

I just wanted to chime in and thank all of the attendees. I know it's hard to get up early on a Saturday morning.

I also want to thank the following people for providing the location and making this all possible:

Bill Long - Executive Vice President, Tampa Hondaland
        Tony Swain -President/COO, Tampa Hondaland
        Marty Otto - Parts & Service Director, Tampa Hondaland
        Cookie Weyrauch - Parts Manager, Tampa Hondaland
        Tyrone Porter - Wholesale Manager, Tampa Hondaland

In addition, Li'l T (Tyrone's son, what a trooper), Mike, Steve and Dave

Thank you all, now maybe we can get Mike Phillips to come back to FL later in the year. Mike don't forget you owe me a grit guard.

David

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
          djerick, you look skeered...

Where we the only two that used the rotary?-
          I Ain't Skeered!

Yeah, I think we were the only one's who used it, did you see me use it on my car or did you leave by then?
          02 PSM WRX

Comment

I'd like to thank Mike, and those at the Honda dealership in Tampa for what was one of the best classes ive taken. Mike, I honestly have to say that your one of the most knowlegdeable persons I know, and you are extremely good at what you do. Thanks for coming all the way to Tampa to share your knowlegde with us!!!!!!

I'd also like to say thanks for the goodie bags and the car crazy kit!!!!

Comment

No, I had to leave, how did it come out on your car?!

Comment

From page 3...

Originally posted by djerickd
                First before and after pics - orange peel:

before Mike & Meguiar's:

After Mike & Meguiar's (notice each blade of grass in the reflection):
                EDIT: Arrg go look at page 3 for the attachment of the AFTER pic.
                Last edited by djerickd; Apr 30, 2006, 08:00 PM.
                02 PSM WRX

Comment

His car turned out awesome. I was there to see the action and results. In the end, you could not even tell that there was an issue to begin with. The orange peel was gone and the paint was mirror-like. It was neat to see the wet-sanding application and see what the results can be if you know what you are doing.

I had never seen wet sanding it action so it freaked me out a little to see a car's paint job all sanded/scratched up like that. I just had to wait until all the steps were carried out....and I was impressed. DJERICKD did a great job using the rotary, he jumped in there and "took the bull by the horns". I was really impressed by Mike P's willingness to tackle the job after an already long day in the field. It just shows his PASSION for people and vehicles.

Comment

I am a weekend warrior new to the car detailing field. When I signed up for the class I was hoping to learn how to improve the appearance of my vehicles. Mike Phillips is an amazing communicator and teacher who used Meguiar’s product knowledge, paint experience and hands on demonstrations that helped me achieve results beyond my expectations.

Another key to my success was Tampa Honda Land’s huge inventory of Meguiar’s products and Tyrone Porter’s expertly packaged Meguiar’s Dual Action Polisher bundle and gift bag. Tampa Honda Land had all of the products that I needed. I was able to reinforce the knowledge gained in class by using the products and techniques when I got home. The Meguiar’s Dual Action Polisher saved me so much time and it produced incredible results.

This is an excellent format and partnership to learn about car detailing. I hope Meguiar’s Mike Phillips and Tampa Honda Land team up again to offer another class again soon.
                    2006 CGM GTO M6 18s | Spoiler Delete |HOLDEN Monaro VZ Fascia & rear insert|1 of 466
                    2004 IBM GTO A4 |Spoiler Delete|HOLDEN 427 Tail Lights|HOLDEN VYSS Centre Caps|Sports Footrest|Monaro VZ Fascia|Mobil 1

Comment

I just want to echo my gratitude for Meguiar’s sending Mike to Tampa. I had all the tools to work on my car, but like Mike kept stating in the class, over and over, I did not have the technique.

The WRX came out great. I stuck around to see the polishing after the wet sanding. Man, that was some soft paint.

I want to give extra kudos to Mike. I know that after a long day like that, he was one hurting unit. He stuck it out, and helped everyone that had a question.

Thanks to Tampa HondaLand as well. Excellent place to hold this, once they moved all that stuff upstairs.

I went home and taped off the hood of my black F-150 that the wife drives. She is now driving around with half the hood detailed and the other half looks sooo bad now.

Again, thanks to everyone that set this up. I think that Meguiar’s is doing the auto enthusiast a great service by sending Mike out. To see the tools used live and in person really give a person confidence to go home and polish on their pride and joy.

Comment

I should have picked up a G100 for my detailing project yesterday, today my right arm is killing me! In other news the #21 synthetic sealant is a nice LSP.
                        02 PSM WRX

Comment

Yes, I am going to have to pick up a bigger bottle of 21! Sweet stuff. Thanks for the offer to drive my stuff back too.

Comment

+5 on 21, I have 2 bottles of Nxt just sitting on the shelf... 21 is all I use, on everything, though once in a while I'll top it with 26

Comment

Well Meg's only seems to sell #21 in HUGE 64 oz. qualtities. You can get smaller 12oz samples here:

autodetailingsolutions.com
                              02 PSM WRX

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
                                +5 on 21, I have 2 bottles of Nxt just sitting on the shelf... 21 is all I use, on everything, though once in a while I'll top it with 26
                                Wanna trade a bottle of NXT for some nearly new can of S100?
                                02 PSM WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');