• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Florida! - Roadshow Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

600 mile round trip..gas................$110
    Devil Ray's game..................$ 50
    Meguiar's stuff......................$296
    Clinic price ...........................$ 30
    Knowledge learned
    and time spent at Clinic........PRICELESS

For everything else there is MasterCard

I stayed with family in Tampa who own 2 restaurants so i got lucky with lodging and food. But I had to listen to "So do you know how to wash your car now?" all weekend. he he

Thanks Mike, David, Tyrone and Hondaland you guys made the trip well worth it.

Tony
    Last edited by rtr0id; May 1, 2006, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtr0id

--> 600 mile trip ..gas................$110 <--

Thanks Mike, David, Tyrone and Hondaland you guys made the trip well worth it.

Tony
      Hi Tony,

At our Saturday classes here in Irvine I try to remember to hand out our "Long distance Driver" award, which is usually a 65 ounce jug of NXT Car Wash,

Because this class was important enough for you to step up to the plate and drive as far as you did I would like to send you and your wife black Meguiar's Polo shirts to wear after you're done detailing your car and you're cleaned-up and ready to cruise!

Send me your shirt size and shipping address when you get a moment... mphillips@meguiars.com
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

oops ..I was unclear, sorry

I changed my post.

My trip was a total of about 600 miles, not one way. I think the nav unit in car said 264 miles door to door. Plus some in town driving.

I applaud the other couple that drove 600 miles one way.

I did receive a glove compartment organizer for driving a distance. I forgot to say thanks for that. Thank you.

Sometimes people bother me at work when I'm on the forums and I gotta cut my post short.

Comment

I'd also like to point out that Wes, aka FryeBaby and Chad, (Can't think of his forum name right now), both drove very long distances also,

Wes drove 380 miles
          Chad drove 80 miles!

I think there were a few other guys that also drove very long distances to attend this class and Meguiar's and I thank you for considering this class important enough to drive such a great distance.

Thank you!

(Wes and Chad, e-mail me your shipping addresses also, I have something for you too!)

mphillips@meguiars.com

If anyone else drove over 250 miles to attend this class, send me you shipping address as I want to show you that Meguiar's appreciates your passion.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, we need more pics! Stat!
            Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

I'm going to try to feed some photos from the Tampa Class into this thread today, after being mostly offline since last Thursday evening there's a lot of catching-up to do...

First, one of the winners from last month's G100a Dual Action Polisher Drawing Contest was also a person that was attending the Tampa Class, so since I was going to meet him in person I bundled his polisher with a few extra pads and a Meguiar's G1000 Detailing Case.

It was kind of funny because Barry showed up after most of the class had arrived and been seated and a number of times I asked if there was a "Barry" in the crowd and everyone kept joking that if he didn't show up we would raffle is polisher off at the class!

Then when he did raise his hand to say he was present when I asked if there was a gentleman by the name of "Barry" in the class I didn't believe him at first as I thought he was joking to get the polisher!

Once he convinced me he was in fact Barry aka snooter on behalf of Meguiar's I presented the polisher kit to him.

Barry was a great sport and we wish him the best with his new G100 Dual Action Polisher that he's going to use to maintain his Mini Cooper!
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

The next thing I would like to add to this thread is a sincere thank you to everyone that attended for really making this a great class.

Once in a while on our forum, the question will come up in a number of different form, for example,

How large of a class can we have?
                How many people can your classroom hold?
                How many people can attend?
                How large of a class is too large of a class?

Or something along the above lines... The answer is this,

As long as everyone in the class is there to learn, and in so doing they are not talking a lot to their neighbors or interrupting or distracting the people in the class, then you have a very large class. It's only when a small group of people, or even just one or two people start talking to themselves during the classroom portion or the hands-on session that it becomes a problem because this tends to distract the people around them. It never really distracts myself as I can talk louder or talk past them but I usually don't, I'll usually stop and allow everyone to listen to the people talking.

I'm very pleased that everyone at this class was there to learn and for this reason we had a very large and successful class with little or no distractions by anyone!

Very cool.

I think the below photos kind of demonstrate the the focus of the class and that everyone that attended was polite and there to learn and have fun!

And I really like the story this pictures tells...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Wow, what a great class.
                  Looked like a packed house.

good job Mike
                  SEND IT!
                  Life's too short... Live Fast

Comment

Hey Mike, I see where you wanted those of us that drove over 250 miles to post our shipping address. I was the guy that drove from Alabama, 623 miles X 2= 1246 miles TOTAL. It was worth every mile my friend. It was an incredible experience. I was fortunate to meet you, as well as some other real quality people that I otherwise never would have met if not for this class.

I appreciated your enthusiasm for your job and your desire to want to see other people succeed in their detailing endeavors. I enjoyed hearing about the history of how Meguiars came to be what it is today and the way the product line has evolved with the technological advances in the auto industry. I found it interesting though that some of the products that remain top sellers today are products that were created 20 to 30 years ago and are unaltered from their original formula. That is a testament of the quality of Meguiars products and the loyalty that it's product line creates. I was a 100% Meguiars user before the class, but the class just further served to reinforce the need to continue to be. I look forward to continuing to learn more daily from the online forums and hope that I will be able to help others in the future.

Comment

class highly recommended

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take this chance to encourage everyone that ever gets the opportunity to attend a RoadShow Class to DO IT. It is worth the time, $$$, and the drive if need be. You will learn more than you realize. We had a broad range of people in our class, from highly experienced detailers that have their own businesses to simple car enthusiasts to people that had never detailed a car before. I know that each person there walked away with a better understanding of how to handle defects their own vehicles as well helping others handle theres if neeed be. The classroom time covered the steps needed to determine what products to use, understanding clear and non-clear coats, a detailed explanation of each of THE 5 STEP PROCESSES- (WASHING, SURFACE PREP, POLISHING, WAX, MAIINTAINING.) and a variety of other areas.

The hands on demo put the classroom info into MOTION. We were able to APPLY the info...LITERALLY. Mike P demonstrated hand application of products and machine application as well. If you didn't already have a machine, the need was obvious afterwards!!!!

I would like to personaly thank Meguiars for allowing this class to take place. It is this type of event that, in my opinion, sets you further apart from other care car companies. Your products begin the seperation but the class takes it one step forward. You are putting your staff (Mike P and I assume others) out there in the field and passing on an incrdeible amount of knowledge and information to everyone from professional detailers to individuals that are car enthusiasts to ordinary car owners that want to care for their daily drivers. I was very impressed with Mike P's professionalism and his desire to see others aquire the passion that he has for car care and people in general. He represents your company very well. I was impressed with his desire to help anyone that was there with any issues they had with their vehicles in regard to paint care. After flying cross country, setting up the class, teaching the class, and presenting the hands on demo, he was still willing to inspect and correct or assist us in issues we had with our vehicles. The class was over at 3 pm but he was there to well after 5 pm.

My hats off to Tampa HondaLand as well. Thank you to the owner, general manager, staff, ect..... for opening up you facility to us and allowing us the opportunity to have this class. Thanks especially to Tyrone, Little T, and both Daves (one from HondaLand and one from Meguiars) for a job well done. I hope to be back in Tampa in the near future for a follow up class if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by
                        Hey Mike, I see where you wanted those of us that drove over 250 miles to post our shipping address. I was the guy that drove from Alabama, 623 miles X 2= 1246 miles TOTAL. It was worth every mile my friend. It was an incredible experience. I was fortunate to meet you, as well as some other real quality people that I otherwise never would have met if not for this class.
                        Hi Derek,

Thank you for the kind words and driving all that way! Unbelievable!

I've already placed an order for you into the system. I've been told our new black Polo shirts will be arriving this week so as soon as they arrive your order will ship.
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by rtr0id
                          But i had to listen to "So do you know how to wash your car now?" all weekend.

Tony
                          LOL thats funny!!! When we got back to Ft. Myers thats all I heard for the rest of the weekend!!

Comment

"If anyone else drove over 250 miles to attend this class, send me you shipping address as I want to show you that Meguiar's appreciates your passion."

Don't know if you mean one way or roundtrip, but Palm Beach Gardens to Honda Land - 197.57 miles X 2 = 395.14

Even longer if you get frustrated with I4 and wind up on something called "Scenic Highway".

15 Wyndham Lane
                            Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418

Comment

Hi everyone. Just wanted to also say that the Tampa class was very awesome. I attended with my HUSBAND (for Mike )! We traveled from South Carolina and it definitely was well worth the trip. I had such a great time with the guys. I learned a great deal and you best believe that he won't be the only one having all the "car crazy" fun.

Comment

One of the guys in the class volunteered his black Corvette with the usual swirls and scratches for our demonstration vehicle. It worked perfect for demonstrating technique by both hand with ScratchX and by machine using the G100 Dual Action Polisher.

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');