• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax vs. Turtle Wax ICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NXT Tech Wax vs. Turtle Wax ICE

Originally posted by Larry A View Post
    I felt that Turtle Platinum gave a better finish then Turtle Ice. Platinum has a look close to NXT. I dont know what Ice compares too.
    Having started with ICE polish and detailer when I got the Yaris, I can say the products definitely work. The shine is good if the surface is right. I still have both products and use them occasionally. I have been converted to Meguiar's professional products and now use them pretty much exclusively - although I just got some samples to try and will try them. ICE, for what it is, works. As a matter of fact, when I do use the polish, I put it on top of everything else. It is so easy to put on and really works. Its not bad stuff. The QD has clarified carnuba and you can feel it. I know of an old-schooler who swears by ICE QD. Alot of folks bad-mouth the product and to each his/her own.

Compared to Meguiars products? I switched because of the depth and longevity of the shine the products yeild. I recently used #7, #20 and #26. The results were stunning. One night, just before going out, I wiped on some ICE polish for the heck of it. The car really glistened. Today I used #21 for the heck of it and wow.
    2007 Toyota Yaris
    2001 Volvo S60 T5
    1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

im glad u took that test becuase i was really starting to wonder on that ICE. i was also wondering about that armor all stuff like the wash and wax or w/e. and black magic is ok i had the tire shine thats about it...not bad stuff but i also saw it for a wax..now i know that probably isnt going to be any good. armor all is a good protectant tho i would look for that if i count get meguiars for some reason
      - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

im glad u took that test becuase i was really starting to wonder on that ICE. i was also wondering about that armor all stuff like the wash and wax or w/e. and black magic is ok i had the tire shine thats about it...not bad stuff but i also saw it for a wax..now i know that probably isnt going to be any good. armor all is a good protectant tho i would look for that if i count get meguiars for some reason
        - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

I bought the TW ICE, and Detailer when it first came out. At first I was impressed with it, and then not so much. It's super easy to apply and remove as everyone says, but it doesn't seem to last very long. I bought it mostly to use on my motorcycel, because I get tired of removing all the built up wax out of the nooks and crannies, and ICE solves that. I like the Detailer a lot. I havn't found any that I actually like better. It just seems to make things Sparkle.
          NXT vs. TW ICE.....I don't think there is any comparison, the NXT blows the ICE away. QD vs. TW ICE.....IMO, I give the nod to ICE.

Regards Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyD View Post
            I bought the TW ICE, and Detailer when it first came out. At first I was impressed with it, and then not so much. It's super easy to apply and remove as everyone says, but it doesn't seem to last very long. I bought it mostly to use on my motorcycel, because I get tired of removing all the built up wax out of the nooks and crannies, and ICE solves that. I like the Detailer a lot. I havn't found any that I actually like better. It just seems to make things Sparkle.
            NXT vs. TW ICE.....I don't think there is any comparison, the NXT blows the ICE away. QD vs. TW ICE.....IMO, I give the nod to ICE.

Regards Sonny
            Have you tried the NXT Speed Detailer? It is Megs best quick detailer, along with Last Touch from the Pro Line. Unlike the Quik Detailer, it provides protection. IMHO the Speed Detailer provides more gloss and slickness than the QD. The Speed Detailer is so good that I rarely need to use the Spray Booster Wax.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
              Have you tried the NXT Speed Detailer? It is Megs best quick detailer, along with Last Touch from the Pro Line. Unlike the Quik Detailer, it provides protection. IMHO the Speed Detailer provides more gloss and slickness than the QD. The Speed Detailer is so good that I rarely need to use the Spray Booster Wax.

RamAirV1
              I agree... if you have a chance give NXT Speed Detailer a try and IMO better yet Last Touch. !
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I have TW ICE paste polish and I honestly don't like it. I really like the ICE QW since it does make the car shine and it smells good. Out of all the Turtle Wax products, the QW is the only I would buy again.

Comment

you gotta show people the difference to make them believers in Meguiars. Then they will be Meguiars fans for life.

Comment

Originally posted by CAShine View Post
                    you gotta show people the difference to make them believers in Meguiars. Then they will be Meguiars fans for life.

I agree with you there...Although, my uncle was already a fan of Meg's products. He liked using the old red tin of Yellow Paste Wax that Meg's used to put out. Then I got him to try some NXT - I showed him the wax job that my old car had on it. The car was 5 years old, and it looked like it was brand new. He just couldn't believe it.After that, he wanted to try it on his burgundy colored truck, and fell in love with it. He said that one of his tenants at the mobile home park where he works gave him some Zymol, and while he said he liked it, it was more work than the NXT buffing it all out.

Comment

Great write-up! I just have one question that I am curious about, why did you decide to treat the vehicle with colorx prior to the actual test?

NXT is king... tell your friend to try the 2.0 version.
                      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
                        Great write-up! I just have one question that I am curious about, why did you decide to treat the vehicle with colorx prior to the actual test?
                        I wanted to make sure the surface quality was even before applying both products. The comparison wouldn't have been justified if the surface wasn't properly cleaned, and using the clay bar wasn't enough.
                        2012 KIA PICANTO
                        Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
                        Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Since this comparison was posted, lots of things have changed. First off, Art changed cars due to insurance and fuel costs. He's currently driving a Volkswagen Jetta GLi Fahrenheit. Second, after using up the entire NXT paste, I'm currently using NXT 1.0 liquid. It'll be at least 3-4 months (if I do my regular waxing once every two weeks) before I make that switch to 2.0.

I still have Speed Detailer, which will probably last for the rest of the month. At that point, I'll switch over to Ultimate Quik Detailer.
                          2012 KIA PICANTO
                          Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
                          Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Meguiar's #1 --- Had to toss my Ice out--

Comment

Turtle Wax ICE...is a bad wax...I don't like it...only smells good...a snakeoil

Comment

Keep us posted on what you think of NXT2.0, I think you'll love it when you try it.
                                Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');