• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax vs. Turtle Wax ICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NXT Tech Wax vs. Turtle Wax ICE

im glad u took that test becuase i was really starting to wonder on that ICE. i was also wondering about that armor all stuff like the wash and wax or w/e. and black magic is ok i had the tire shine thats about it...not bad stuff but i also saw it for a wax..now i know that probably isnt going to be any good. armor all is a good protectant tho i would look for that if i count get meguiars for some reason
    Consumer Reports ranked both the Black Magic Liquid, BM48016, and the Turtle Wax Carnauba Cleaner Wax, T-6, as there highest rated waxes. I have never used either but I assume they had to do something right to be top ranked. Personally as I have stated in either posts I am a Gold Class fan, I personally have never recieved better results with any other wax product.

Comment

The Ice wax is ok and puts a good shine on your vehicle, but the Meguiars NXT 2.0 makes your vehicle glow. I use the ice wax for my black trim. It works great for that.

Comment

mmm
        i dont know about you guys,
        but isnt the color x a 1 step polish and wax step?
        if you, after putting color x on the the hood, and then followed up with turtle wax ice, it wouldn't work well in turtle wax's favour, as you already have coated the bonnet with a form of hard liquid wax, and then youre trying to follow that up with a non solidish, soft liquid wax like turtle wax ice.

so mmm perhaps next time just do the surface preperation stages, then place the wax comparisons?

cheerios!
        Regards, Wilco
        There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

I have a bottle of ICE that i'm finishing up and it works great on white, have some NXT 2.0 that i'll use once the ICE is used up, also works great on the black trim pieces

Comment

Originally posted by topcat View Post
            Consumer Reports ranked both the Black Magic Liquid, BM48016, and the Turtle Wax Carnauba Cleaner Wax, T-6, as there highest rated waxes. I have never used either but I assume they had to do something right to be top ranked. Personally as I have stated in either posts I am a Gold Class fan, I personally have never recieved better results with any other wax product.
            General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

My Opinion "I also read the consumer reports article, and here is my take on it.

in the test, they reviewed cleaner waxes alongside the black magic stuff. my attitude is that is comparing apples to oranges. CR was only interested it how long the wax lasts, defect removal wasn't a priority. the article was aimed at those people that consider waxing to be a pain in the butt).

these waxes were not tested by people that are passionate about detailing.

-nick

The Black magic stuff IS good, but there is better stuff out there"

Hope it helps
            Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Is there a Meguiars product like Turtle Ice that you can get on black plastic during a final waxing that will also shine the black plastic?

Should I forget about a multi-purpose product and use something specifically to clean the wax residue from the black plastic and shine it?

I would like to stay with all Meguiars products. I would also like to help some of my friends learn about something that can replace Turtle Ice.

Comment

Originally posted by OwnerCS View Post
                Is there a Meguiar's product like Turtle Ice that you can get on black plastic during a final waxing that will also shine the black plastic?
                New Ultimate Wax won't stain plastic trim, haven't tested it enough personally to know if it will "shine it up".

It will be out soon enough and feedback will start showing up on the forum... so hang tight...

Ultimate Quik Wax G17516

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  New Ultimate Wax won't stain plastic trim, haven't tested it enough personally to know if it will "shine it up".

It will be out soon enough and feedback will start showing up on the forum... so hang tight...

Ultimate Quik Wax G17516

Thanks Mike for the information.

When do you think I could purchase some online? How many bottles come in a case?

Comment

I didn't mind the Ice Paste wax. I part time at a car wash, and the (super novice) detailer uses it on his Beamer. He also used gold class. We all told him how much better his car looked after the GC, but he still loves that ICE.

I like both, but I get more depth out og the Gold Class.

Comment

You guys are high - I did a fair comparison between ICE and NXT 2.0. Absolutely no difference in the shine or depth could be seen. Considering the ease of use ICE wins in my mind. NXT 2.0 does last much longer however.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Bull View Post
                        You guys are high - I did a fair comparison between ICE and NXT 2.0. Absolutely no difference in the shine or depth could be seen. Considering the ease of use ICE wins in my mind. NXT 2.0 does last much longer however.
                        How did you prep the surface?
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Please, divulge your comparison test to us. I would also appreciate some pictures. Truth be told, ICE was what got me switched to Meguiar's. I tried the ICE polish and claybar and was not impressed at all. I saw no improvement in the shine and depth when I was done. Then I tried NXT 2.0 and it blew ICE away. Every aspect of NXT 2.0 is better: shine, depth, durability, slickness, ease of use, non-greasiness. So please, share with us.
                          Shane
                          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

What exactly did you do? How was it fair?

NXT 2.0 literally could not be easier to use. I've never used Turtle Wax Ice but I can't imagine how anything could be easier to use. Longevity is a large part of why one might choose an LSP...
                            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                            Calais Auto Detailing
                            CalaisDetails@aim.com
                            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

AFAIK the ice polish contain cleaner, so it'll disolve all "thing" under the ice,,, but NXT doesnt contain any cleaner so "thing" under the NXT layer will save and protected by NXT,

i tried the ice a couple day ago, the result was good, very shiny and glossy paint, very easy and quick application,,, but if you need the gloss wetlook and elegant paint, and you have a freetime, use the NXT2.0 (or use DC2 and NXT), you'll see the superior elegant gloss from your car
                              1" B4 U

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                                What exactly did you do? How was it fair?

NXT 2.0 literally could not be easier to use. I've never used Turtle Wax Ice but I can't imagine how anything could be easier to use. Longevity is a large part of why one might choose an LSP...
                                I prepped it with Ice Liquid Clay Bar

I'm not saying NXT wasn't good - it'd just Ice was a new generation product IMO and NXT was a good polish circa 1985

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');