• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing NXT Gen wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing NXT Gen wax

I have this problem with splotches on my black car. I applied NXT Gen wax and wait for it to completely dry before removing it. But I always end up with splotches on my paint. I normally just wipe of the wax, flip the microfiber towel and gently go over it a few more times. Now I found out that if I rub a lot harder I have fewer splotches. I just want to make sure that I am not rubbing too hard that I will damage the paint. What hand pressure do you recommend for removing NXT Gen wax and how many times do I have to wipe the same area?

Re: Removing NXT Gen wax

Originally posted by jwrsxts
    I have this problem with splotches on my black car. I applied NXT Gen wax and wait for it to completely dry before removing it. But I always end up with splotches on my paint. I normally just wipe of the wax, flip the microfiber towel and gently go over it a few more times. Now I found out that if I rub a lot harder I have fewer splotches. I just want to make sure that I am not rubbing too hard that I will damage the paint. What hand pressure do you recommend for removing NXT Gen wax and how many times do I have to wipe the same area?
    I had the same EXACT problem on my black Hyundai Sonata...I'm still not sure to this day why it was leaving blotches...what worked for me was to reapply the wax and then remove it before it dried...the way I chose to deal with it long term was to start using another wax, #16....so far I haven't had the blotching problem...are you using paste or liquid ??...I detailed a candy apple red Escape this weekend and used NXT Tech Liquid on it and it looked amazing when I was finished...I used the PC100 with a 9006 polishing pad to apply it and a microfiber bonnet over an 8006 pad to remove it....worked like a charm...again, not real sure what's causing the blotches, just wanted you to know you're not alone
    Last edited by TKDDAD; May 1, 2006, 04:02 AM.
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

How long are you letting the wax dry? Are you using the Swipe Test to determine if its dry?

If the wax is ready to be wiped off, it shouldn't require much hand pressure at all.

Richard

Richard Lin
      ShowCarDetailing
      5548 E. La Palma Ave
      Anaheim, CA 92807
      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

I had this problem when my son put it on too thick.

Comment

I apply a very thin layer and use the swipe test before removing the wax. It is very frustrating when you spend so much time on detailing and it doesn't turn out perfect. I'm afraid that I apply so much pressure to remove the splotches that wax I just applied is also removed. I will try using #16. Thanks

Comment

I had the same problem here

Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Give this a read..

Written by Mike Phillips

I had the same problems, and followed Mike's advice..

Final Wiping Techniques
              Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

Comment

I I normally just wipe of the wax, flip the microfiber towel and gently go over it a few more times.
                  You might wish to explain what you mean here by stating that you go over it a few more times.

I apply with the PC then remove by going over it "one" time with a Supreme Shine MF. If you are going over it several times, I wonder if you are removing alot of the fresh wax?
                  Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I usually have to wipe the same area several times to remove all the sploches. I am also afraid that I might be removing to much fresh wax.

Comment

I had the same problem this past weekend.. putting on a 2nd coat helped a little bit... I applied it all by hand.. next time i will use my pc

Comment

Originally posted by gtp
                        I had the same problem this past weekend.. putting on a 2nd coat helped a little bit... I applied it all by hand.. next time i will use my pc

Thanks, but I also tried putting on a 2nd coat, the sploches were still there. Its like the paint obsorbs the wax and leaves dark and light areas on the finish.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');