• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does NXT wax stain the plastic trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does NXT wax stain the plastic trim?

I used Meguiar cleaner wax before and I
    got the wax stain on the plastic black trim.
    I wonder if the NXT will stain the trim also.
    Also, how can I remove the wax stain?

Do I need to remove the existing cleaner wax before I apply the NXT?

Thanks.

what i did was bought a cheap tooth brush and took some nukber 40(pro vynil conditioner) and lightly brushed it into the plastice trim and then wiped clean with a mf towel.stain was no more.if you dont have the #40 maybe natural shine vynil shine would work.

Comment

The NXT Tech Wax doesn't stain trim as bad as Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax, but you should still avoid getting it onto the trim.

If you do get some on the trim, wipe it off with a terry cloth towel as soon as you can. For wax that has dried and stained trim, Meguair's M-3916 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner works great with a toothbrush.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi mopar, where can I get the #40? CanadianTire or Walmart ?

Hi Mike,
        I can't find your recommended product
        from Meguiar Canada,
        Is this one the same
        3M applies science and innovation to make a real impact by igniting progress and inspiring innovation in lives and communities across the globe.

BTW, I am just a newbie amateur on detailing, and I found it hard and expensive to get those
        Meguiar's professional line product.

Is there any other consumer product that can do the job?

Thanks.

Comment

I know this won't remove wax from trim but something for the future.... I just started to tape off all my plastic trim with 3M blue painters tape and it needs to be painters tape. Works great! takes 10 min but it sure beats cleaning the wax off my trim for the next week! So maybe give it a try next time you wax!

Here is a PDF on painters tape.
          Last edited by gb387; Jun 9, 2004, 06:33 AM.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

gb387, I have the beige-color masking tape. Is it okay to use those for masking
            the trim?
            Thanks.

Comment

canadian tire has it in kingston.the one in yuor area might have one to.its 13 dollars a bottle though.but if you use it correctly and dont over apply a bottle of number 40 will last quit a longtime.

Comment

yes thats what mike was refering too.it may cost more but im a firm beleiver in "you get what you pay for"

Comment

Originally posted by struts
                  Hi mopar, where can I get the #40? CanadianTire or Walmart ?

Hi Mike,
                  I can't find your recommended product
                  from Meguiar Canada,
                  Is this one the same
                  3M applies science and innovation to make a real impact by igniting progress and inspiring innovation in lives and communities across the globe.

BTW, I am just a newbie amateur on detailing, and I found it hard and expensive to get those
                  Meguiar's professional line product.

Is there any other consumer product that can do the job?

Thanks.
                  Hi struts,

the above link goes to the same product I was referreing to,

http://www.meguiarscanada.com/produc...=default&ID=75

Meguiar's used to sell a product called EXTRA All Surface Cleaner, it was in the consumer line. It is an all purpose cleaner. You could try to locate this product as some stores may still have some in stock and give it a try.

You could also just try using a consumer product like Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, which has a light cleaner in it combined with a nylon brush like a toothbrush.

Miie
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');