• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orange peel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orange peel

Hi , i would like to no what product i can use to get rid of the orange peel on my front bumper . I guess some product from the prof meguiars line for my machine rotary .

Hi subarudriver,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Are you working on a factory clear coat?
    Have you ever wet-sanded a car before?
    Have you ever used a rotary buffer before?

I'm getting ready to upload some photos to this thread,

Maybe someone can did up a thread where this type of question has been answered before? (I know I've typed it up about a dozen time! )
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Give this a read..

It was a write up, by Meg's own 2hotford

Wet Sanding
      Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

No never done wet sanding before , have read already alot about it . Never used a rotary . The bumper is repaintend looks nice but a small part has some orange peel look in it . The paint is a uni color with a clear coat on it .

Comment

Well in a nutshell,

It's usually not a good idea to learn how to wet sand, cut and polish on something that's important to you. It's better to learn how on a car that nobody cares about.

Putting scratches into paint is easy, (wet-sanding), removing all of the sanding marks without making a mistake is a little more difficult.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yeah , maybe i practice first at a old vw at the parking lot

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Well in a nutshell,

It's usually not a good idea to learn how to wet sand, cut and polish on something that's important to you. It's better to learn how on a car that nobody cares about.

Putting scratches into paint is easy, (wet-sanding), removing all of the sanding marks without making a mistake is a little more difficult.
              Mike is correct...

Hi , i would like to no what product i can use to get rid of the orange peel on my front bumper . I guess some product from the prof meguiars line for my machine rotary
              The only reason I posted that link, was becuase in your post you stated you needed prof meguiars line for my machine rotary I had assumed since you had one, you knew how to use it..

Sorry for the confusion..
              Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Got a new barbeque today and its completly painted with heavy orange peel .sooo i just gonna practice on that if screw it its not a point

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');