• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does GC All Wheel Cleaner remove wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does GC All Wheel Cleaner remove wax?

I just cleaned, polished and waxed my wheels. They are a painted aluminum with clear coat. Will using GC All Wheel Cleaner reamove the wax from the wheels? I really like using this product over just wash but don't want to lose the finish I just spent so long applying.

Products used:
    GC All Wheel Cleaner
    DCS Cleaner
    GC Paste
    Jason

Yeah, all the wheel cleaners will.

You have to stick with regular soap and water to keep the wax on.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
      Yeah, all the wheel cleaners will.

You have to stick with regular soap and water to keep the wax on.
      To add on to Murr's statement:

Make sure you use a seperate/dedicated wash mitt for wheels only. Do not use the same one, and go from wheels to paint.
      Last edited by Magic; May 2, 2006, 01:16 PM.
      Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Alright, thanks for the info. Guess I'll just be using soap and water from now on to clean the wheels.
        Jason

Comment

Hi Jason,

Just as the others have said, once you have a good coat of wax or sealant on the wheels, soap and water should be all you need. I would suggest placing a coat of Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant on the wheels.

Cheers!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');