• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing

Before the server crashed we were discussing Meguires logo use in professional detail shops...mainly about how we can get hooked up with promotional materials. I'd like to see this topic revived...

Someone in jest brought up the idea of oil change-like static clings...Ingenious!!!
    Of course I say that because I'm already doing my own version of it...I've got custom static clings to place in left upper winshield corner to remind the customer when their next detail is due...

Check out this link: http://oilchangestickers.com/cart/la..._id=S-1%201000

the upper right graphic has autodealer specific templates...if you could do something like this it would be great!...set up a template...we enter business name, addy, etc and it has your logo on top...and we order from whatever company has your template on file...

I think it would help us both...it would give detailers access to a well designed sticker which reminds our customers to visit us...it also places your ad in a highly visible location to be viewed every day by the customer...reinforcing (and reminding them) of our recommendation for general maintenance with your product...all at almost literally no cost (excepting submission of logo to sticker company) to you!

You know, this is an interesting idea, I'll forward this to Chad Heath, he may be interested.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I think I brought this up and not in jest. I'd love to be able to put a small Meguiar's logo in the cars I detail with a bring back date.

I think this would be a great bit of business both for us as well as for Megs. It accomplishes several things.

First, it is great for Meguiar's brand recognition. People seeing a sharp looking detailed car with a tasteful Meguiar's logo on it will prompt people to buy Meguiar's products.

Secondly, it would serve a reminder for the customers to bring their vehicle back for a new detail.

It has to be small and tasteful. The size can't take up too much real-estate or the customer will remove it. As much as I like the NXT decals I got with my last order I wouldn't put them on a car.

I also don't really like the typical oil change stickers but I don't remove mine unless it is peeling off. The Megs sticker should be tasteful in appearance from both the inside and outside of the vehicle.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

I too was in on this post prior to being deleated. I mentioned that Griot's does something along these lines already. Can't let Griot's beat us to the punch.
        *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');