• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terry Cloth, Microfiber, Foam Applicator...When?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Cloth, Microfiber, Foam Applicator...When?

I just got my Meguiar's products in the mail and was wondering what I should use to apply the products. Here is what I got:

NXT Glass Cleaner
    NXT Spray Wax
    NXT Speed Detailer
    Carpet Cleaner
    Quik Interior Detailer
    Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
    Scratch X
    Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel

For which products do I use terry cloth, microfiber, and foam applicators?

Re: Terry Cloth, Microfiber, Foam Applicator...When?

NXT Glass Cleaner - microfiber, better yet a Duo-Fiber Glass Towel
    NXT Spray Wax - IMO the Even Coat Applicator work best with this product then remove with a microfiber
    NXT Speed Detailer - microfiber
    Carpet Cleaner - The bottle on this says to use a 100% cotton terry towels, I don't follow the drections on the bottle so I am not sure what works best.
    Quik Interior Detailer - microfiber or I prefer to use 100% cotton terry towels to save my more expensive microfiber for paint use.
    Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner - 100% cotton terry towels
    Scratch X - High-Tech Applicator Pad remove with microfiber.
    Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel - Now this I have found a product called a "Tire Swipe" works the best its curved to fit the tire, they are cheap and you can use them over and over. I then let the product sit 5-10 min and wipe the excess off with an old towel.

If you don't already have them Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber and Ultra Plush Super Terry are great high quality products and priced reasonably.
    Last edited by gb387; May 3, 2006, 08:28 AM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

On more thing.... If you have not seen it here is a post on ScratchX that might be helpful: How To Remove Swirls By Hand
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I also noticed that you didn't list a LSP. Remember that NXT Spray Wax isn't actual wax that you finish with, but is a booster wax. What that means is it's intended for a car that is already prepped and waxed already.
        How to get Great Results with NXT Spray Wax

Comment

Also, when using the products, should I apply the product onto the TC/MF and then apply or on the car first then wipe?

Comment

I apply the product to the applicator then "wipe" onto the car...

Comment

Originally posted by electricgreen
              I apply the product to the applicator then "wipe" onto the car...
              Would it be better to apply the product onto the paint/body and then spread it with the applicator pad? I will detail my bike with NXT liquid wax tomorrow and don't know how to use the applicator pad that came with it (best way possible i mean). Also don't know why they put their brand on the applicator pad, makes the pad surface uneven. And yes i know it's spongy but still......

Comment

Well, you really only use the side of the pad without the lettering on it.

You can apply the wax either way.

If you apply the product to the surface, then spread, you tend to end up applying thicker in some areas than others, so you have to be carefull not to use too much. Also, this can be hard to do on vertical surfaces.

Applying to the pad fist can help you keep your layer of wax thinner. On a bike with small areas, it would probably be easier to apply to the pad first.

But honestly, I do it both ways.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Green Ninja
                  Would it be better to apply the product onto the paint/body and then spread it with the applicator pad?
                  I'm clumsy sometimes and tend to get tired toward the end of a long detailing session. I'm just afraid of scratching the paint with the bottle nozzle or dropping it on the surface. For me, better safe than sorry. Also, I find it easier to turn once to apply product instead of turning to get the bottle, apply, turn to put the bottle back. Personal preference, and I just noticed that you are working on a bike which is probably smaller and easier to work around than my car

- Ben

Comment

I really wish these links would go directly to the specific product within the McGuire's website instead of the general Meguiars home page. Some of the products like the towels they mention are kind of hard to find starting from the home page.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelRS View Post
                      I really wish these links would go directly to the specific product within the McGuire's website instead of the general Meguiars home page. Some of the products like the towels they mention are kind of hard to find starting from the home page.
                      This thread is almost 10 years old. Things have come and gone in that time.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Well that is a "duh" I should have norticed.
                        LOL. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');