Hard Water Stains / Soap on glass

Thread: Hard Water Stains / Soap on glass

Hard Water Stains / Soap on glass

I recently had to take my truck in for some wind noise from the rear sliding window and when I picked it up it had hard water / soap stains all over the glass from where they "leak" tested the windows. Needless to say I was slightly pissed and took it back to the dealer where they proceeded to work on it for over an hour and when at wits end decided they were going to use some CLR mixed with water, I immediately put the brakes on this action asking what they thought this would do to the paint and weather stripping. So they took it to the body shop and applied something type of compound to it where they took most of it off but there still seems to be some there frankly I was getting nervous that they were going to make it worse or cause damage to something else.

I have tried the quick clay but this did not seem to work so my question is is there something a little more agressive I can try possibly with the PC ?

This is the only thing I know of. It's the second post down from Mike Phillips.

You can do this with a rotary buffer or by hand. The PC doesn't spin fast enough to work effectively.

I have tried it by hand, and it worked great (don't have a rotary buffer).

Glass Polishing
    Last edited by Magic; May 5th, 2006 at 11:01 AM.
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Hi:

Here is some information that may help.

More reading.

Regards,

KTruck

Re: Hard Water Stains / Soap on glass

Originally posted by thetwins2003
    I recently had to take my truck in for some wind noise from the rear sliding window and when I picked it up it had hard water / soap stains all over the glass from where they "leak" tested the windows. Needless to say I was slightly pissed and took it back to the dealer where they proceeded to work on it for over an hour and when at wits end decided they were going to use some CLR mixed with water, I immediately put the brakes on this action asking what they thought this would do to the paint and weather stripping. So they took it to the body shop and applied something type of compound to it where they took most of it off but there still seems to be some there frankly I was getting nervous that they were going to make it worse or cause damage to something else.

I have tried the quick clay but this did not seem to work so my question is is there something a little more agressive I can try possibly with the PC ?
    Don't know how bad your water spots are, but mine came off, per Mike Phillips advice, with a terry cloth towel and #4 heavy cut cleaner.

Thread Information