• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Water Stains / Soap on glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Water Stains / Soap on glass

I recently had to take my truck in for some wind noise from the rear sliding window and when I picked it up it had hard water / soap stains all over the glass from where they "leak" tested the windows. Needless to say I was slightly pissed and took it back to the dealer where they proceeded to work on it for over an hour and when at wits end decided they were going to use some CLR mixed with water, I immediately put the brakes on this action asking what they thought this would do to the paint and weather stripping. So they took it to the body shop and applied something type of compound to it where they took most of it off but there still seems to be some there frankly I was getting nervous that they were going to make it worse or cause damage to something else.

I have tried the quick clay but this did not seem to work so my question is is there something a little more agressive I can try possibly with the PC ?

This is the only thing I know of. It's the second post down from Mike Phillips.

You can do this with a rotary buffer or by hand. The PC doesn't spin fast enough to work effectively.

I have tried it by hand, and it worked great (don't have a rotary buffer).

Glass Polishing
    Last edited by Magic; May 5, 2006, 12:01 PM.
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Hi:

Here is some information that may help.

More reading.

Regards,

KTruck
      Make it Shine

Comment

Re: Hard Water Stains / Soap on glass

Originally posted by thetwins2003
        I recently had to take my truck in for some wind noise from the rear sliding window and when I picked it up it had hard water / soap stains all over the glass from where they "leak" tested the windows. Needless to say I was slightly pissed and took it back to the dealer where they proceeded to work on it for over an hour and when at wits end decided they were going to use some CLR mixed with water, I immediately put the brakes on this action asking what they thought this would do to the paint and weather stripping. So they took it to the body shop and applied something type of compound to it where they took most of it off but there still seems to be some there frankly I was getting nervous that they were going to make it worse or cause damage to something else.

I have tried the quick clay but this did not seem to work so my question is is there something a little more agressive I can try possibly with the PC ?
        Don't know how bad your water spots are, but mine came off, per Mike Phillips advice, with a terry cloth towel and #4 heavy cut cleaner.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');