• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping buffing splatter off the wheels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping buffing splatter off the wheels...

After washing the paintwork and the wheel/tire assemblies, one of the problems that any clean car fanatic encounters is buffer splatter especially when buffing the areas above and adjacent to the wheels. No matter how careful you are, you will get some sling from the pads.

I take 4 large trash bags and slit one side of the bags with a razor knife.

I then drape the bags over the wheel and tires assemblies to keep them splatter free.

You can also mask off the windows with newspaper and some masking tape to keep buffer splatter off of them, too!
    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

...Or taketwo old sheets and cut them in half so you have a half for each wheel. Reusable.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
      ...Or taketwo old sheets and cut them in half so you have a half for each wheel. Reusable.
      So are the trash bags, plus, you don't get in trouble with the wife when she finds out!
      Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
      Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo0903
        So are the trash bags, plus, you don't get in trouble with the wife when she finds out!
        Tell her it was your girlfriend's idea. That will take the heat off by changing the subject.

Comment

The hard part is not keep the splatter off wheels, it's keeping it off a black convertible top. That's why I switched to a DA buffer when doing our 2 convertibles.

Comment

I use this " technique " :

It works for me all the time
            I just love detailing

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');