• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Black

I took my 69 mach 1 out of storage and I have some swirl marks in the paint of the flat black hood. What can I do to fix this problem I have never worked with flat black before. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Re: Flat Black

Originally posted by jerseyjoe31
    I took my 69 mach 1 out of storage and I have some swirl marks in the paint of the flat black hood. What can I do to fix this problem I have never worked with flat black before. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
    If you could post some pictures it would help....not sure how you see swirl marks in flat paint

Someone with experience will undoubtedly chime in soon...
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

If the paint is original it might actually be a sticker that's on the hood. The 70's used a decal I don't remember on the 69's. If it's been repainted it likely is flat black paint.
      *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

It was repainted 4 years ago they do look like swirls they are not scratches it was stored at my parents house i dont know what he did to it. Planning on taking pictures when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by jerseyjoe31
          It was repainted 4 years ago they do look like swirls they are not scratches it was stored at my parents house i dont know what he did to it. Planning on taking pictures when I get home
          White Cloud !....many members of my family live in MN and I remember White Cloud well...also have cousins in White Bear Lake too...love MN !
          Bill Poirier
          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');