• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-100a use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-100a use

Could some please review this detail job on a salt-water fiberglass boat. The boat is in the salt water all season long.

Megs Boat Polish - #8006 Pad - G100a setting 5
    Megs Boat Wax - #9006 Pad - G100a setting 3

The wax will be removed with a MF bonnet over the 8006 Pad.

I dont mind applying by hand if necessary. I am looking for the highest gloss and best durability no matter how long it takes, elbow grease needed or cost of products. Simply the Best.
    Last edited by gtp; May 9, 2006, 07:22 AM.

Re: G-100a use

Originally posted by gtp
    Could some please review this detail job on a salt-water fiberglass boat. The boat is in the salt water all season long.

Megs Boat Polish - #8006 Pad - G100a setting 5
    Megs Boat Wax - #9006 Pad - G100a setting 3

The wax will be removed with a MF bonnet over the 8006 Pad.

I dont mind applying by hand if necessary. I am looking for the highest gloss and best durability no matter how long it takes, elbow grease needed or cost of products. Simply the Best.
    Well here is what i have in way of reviews. I have a 97 jetboat that is in an inland lake in Michigan in the water all summer long. (its nasty water) sorry no saltwater experiance. I love the Megs boat wax, it applys really easily and comes off even better.

It repels water very well (which is important for a jetboat). And keeps the shine fairly well, i re apply about every 2-4 weeks or so.

I dont have any experiance with the polish, ill have to pick some up.
    2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Comment

If you are sitting in the salt water all the time... you likely have some (fun) oxidation and other issues with the gel coat. I would do a careful examination of your gel coat first. Determine if there is any oxidation, scratching etc. If there is Megs has some fantastic oxidation products. Start lightest first.... the color restorer is an amazing product. The polish seems to be very close to a pure polish and thus is not best suited for removing surface imperfections. Once you go over the boat with the appropriate cleaner the polish will literally turn the gel coat as soft as a babies butt.... you will be amazed.

My results are here....

Done with all Megs products and a PC 7424.
      Jeremy
      Boat: 2006 SeaRay 280DA T-4.3 MPI Alpha 1
      Tow Vehicle (aka My Truck): 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 DuraMax/Allison
      Wife's Car: 2006 Lexus ES330
      Folsom, Ca

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');