• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all Meguiars products safe to use on a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all Meguiars products safe to use on a

i am looking at useing Meguiars products for my new polishing
    business

but i need to know if thay are all safe to use on a
    cyclo buffer (orbital heads)

is there any that i can not use ??????

thankyou

smurf
    Have A Smurfie Day
    Take Pride In Your Ride...

Ive used a Cyclo on my dads car and my own with a couple of the more popular polishes Megs has, #83 and #80. They work really well together.

Someone correct me if Im wrong but any Megs products that specify use with a machine will be ok with a Cyclo.
    ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

Comment

cool did you just use the foam pads ???
      and was it very little polish on the pads
      one last thing the product easy to buff off ???
      Have A Smurfie Day
      Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
        cool did you just use the foam pads ???
        and was it very little polish on the pads
        one last thing the product easy to buff off ???
        Yep I used the 4" foam pads for the Cyclo.

What I like to do is either squeeze product out on the surface of the car and then smear it around with the pads BEFORE turning the Cyclo on, once its spread out I flip the switch anc begin.

I also will apply product via foam applicator to the whole surface, spread it out over the area Im doing, then use the Cyclo after spreading it out.

Both methods have worked fine for me.
        ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
        561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
        --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
        --

Comment

I really like the Cyclo, been using one for over 20 years now. But...

I'm not a huge fan of #80 with the Cyclo; I gotta admit I use polishes from other makers with that machine. I'm not sure it's the best machine for use with Meguiar's products...maybe that's part of why Mike Phillips isn't as enamored of the Cyclo as I am (a personal preference issue that's always left me scratching my head).

But yeah, while you might find personal likes/dislikes (as per above) with some products, anything made for an "orbital"or D/A type polisher will work OK with the Cyclo. Just remember that "OK" is open to personal interpretation. Don't use rotary-only products with it though, they won't break down properly.

IMO the "problem" with the cyclo is that it can break down/"flash" some products too fast, or at least a lot faster than a Porter Cable/G-100 does.

I wouldn't hesitate to try a given Meguiar's product with the Cyclo, just try a small-size bottle until you decide whether you like it.
          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Whenever I've required help or answers right away, I call Meguiar's directly (if I can't find the answer on the forum that is... most of the time a quick search helps with finding the answer I'm looking for and Mike Phillips and other seniors here always have awesome posts/write ups).

Here's their information:

1-800-347-5700
            Hours: M-F 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Pacific)
            Saturday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Pacific)

They're extremely helpful and knowledgeable... know pretty much everything when it comes to polishing/waxing/paint questions.

Meguiar's Customer Care

EDIT: I didn't realize you're in New Zealand, here is their information/website:
            Last edited by zr123; May 9, 2006, 02:10 PM.
            #21 - Synthetic Sealant For Sale!
            Will ship internationally!
            Check the 'For Sale' section.
            Also selling #7 & Backing Plates

Comment

Also, you should take a look at the following HOW TO videos...

Concentrate on the top 3, Auto Appearance Care Clinic, Power Polishing Clinic, and Color Sanding Clinic

#21 - Synthetic Sealant For Sale!
              Will ship internationally!
              Check the 'For Sale' section.
              Also selling #7 & Backing Plates

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');