• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dried up wax in rock chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dried up wax in rock chips?

hello all. im new here.

i wanted to ask you guys a few questions.

i have a black Nissan 350z, and just recently bought Color X, and NXT paste wax to use as prep and LSP.

before i go into Color X, i would like to use some touch up paint and Lanka (spell?) to seal up some rock chips on the hood and the front bumper, but my previous wax got into the rock chips and dried up hard in there. how do i take these dried up wax out of the rock chips? should i just use the touchup paint without taking off the wax?

also, how do i use color X? do i work it in and let it haze? or just take it off before it dries up?

and how long do i have to wait between Color X and NXT?

any input will be much appreciated.

thank you.

Re: Dried up wax in rock chips?

Originally posted by sharingan625
    hello all. im new here.

i wanted to ask you guys a few questions.

i have a black Nissan 350z, and just recently bought Color X, and NXT paste wax to use as prep and LSP.

before i go into Color X, i would like to use some touch up paint and Lanka (spell?) to seal up some rock chips on the hood and the front bumper, but my previous wax got into the rock chips and dried up hard in there. how do i take these dried up wax out of the rock chips? should i just use the touchup paint without taking off the wax?

also, how do i use color X? do i work it in and let it haze? or just take it off before it dries up?

and how long do i have to wait between Color X and NXT?

any input will be much appreciated.

thank you.
    I'm by no means an expert on this but it would seem to me that you'd want every bit of wax out before applying the paint....otherwise I can imagine that at some point that wax will come off and along with it your paint...

also, what is Lanka ??....
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I'd recommend using a Triple Duty Detail Brush and some Quik Detailer or Final Inspection to scrub the dried wax from inside the chip safely. Take your time as well, dab the brush into the rock chip, brushing it too hard may scratch the finish.

Comment

Re: Re: Dried up wax in rock chips?

Originally posted by TKDDAD
        I'm by no means an expert on this but it would seem to me that you'd want every bit of wax out before applying the paint....otherwise I can imagine that at some point that wax will come off and along with it your paint...

also, what is Lanka ??....
        i think its Langka and it supposed to make your touch up paint look better.

I tried the mothers kit that they used to make and i have to say its not bad but it takes A LOT of careful work
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Dried up wax in rock chips?

Originally posted by sneek
          i think its Langka and it supposed to make your touch up paint look better.

I tried the mothers kit that they used to make and i have to say its not bad but it takes A LOT of careful work
          You're right, it is LANGKA and their website has some good details about how their products work....interesting....
          Bill Poirier
          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Alcohol(quick detailer will not get it all out and will still leave behind a resdue) and a brush(like triple duty). Make sure that your doing notting more then the size of a pencl eraser(If it more it time for spray or it wont match). Also make sure that its a match... Dealer paint almost never matches. If you are down to bare metal prime... Dont forget to clear coat it most auto supply stores sell small touch up sizes of thies products. before you add the clear make sure that you cant tell where you did the touch up and that meaning that your not showing edges.

This takes pratace to get right. It is also the art of a detailer to do this stuf(Bodyshop will usual repaint whole panel). Do one at a time if that does not look right make note of what you maybe doing wrong. Try something to make it look right.... One other thing try not to make the base go up on top the CC or that will realy show.

brad

Comment

thank you all for your input.

that brush looks promising. tho, i was talking about very very small rock chips all over the front part of the hood. i was hoping maybe there was some kind of paint cleaner or something to just melt the wax away. brush will help a lot too there.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');