• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can the #80,#82,#83 be used with an orbital???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can the #80,#82,#83 be used with an orbital???

i checked the website, and its unclear on whether or not these can be applied by an orbital. (I already have an orbital laying around)

is it safe to use with an orbital? Will the results differ--worse or better?

Also, if it can be used, what kind of bonnet should you use for the orbital?

thanks guys!
    Last edited by specr89; May 10, 2006, 03:18 PM.

If you mean the "old style" nine-eleven inch orbital buffer, yes. Basically if a product can be applied by hand, an orbital buffer can be used. You will not get as good of results as you woud get with a dual action polisher (pc), but it makes for easier work than applying and removing the product by hand.

You can use either cotton terry bonnets or microfiber bonnets.

I used one of these old style buffers for over ten years and got darn good results.

Tom

Comment

Maybe you can use this chart?:

I just love detailing

Comment

alright, so im guessing i can apply em by orbitals? How much of a difference should i see between aplpying #83 with an orbital as opposed to a DA?

BTw, my orbital looks like this

(im asking this because the water marks/etchings i have on my car are too deep to remove by scratch x effectively. I tried scratch x'ing the narrow part above the doors and it took about 5 applications before i got the look i wanted. And that was just the skinny part above the door. Think about how long it would take to do the hood!!)

Comment

Nice chart Detailmaniac and thanks for posting it, but I have one question about it.
          In the G100 forum where they post a similar chart but not as detailed as the one you posted the rpm's seem to be much higher than the rpm's posted in this thread.

Which chart should one go by?

TIA

Neil

Comment

This chart lists RPM's for a rotary buffer. Your DA, G100, PC, uses OPM's, refer to those suggestions as listed inthe G100 forum.

Comment

Originally posted by 9T6
              Nice chart Detailmaniac and thanks for posting it, but I have one question about it.
              In the G100 forum where they post a similar chart but not as detailed as the one you posted the rpm's seem to be much higher than the rpm's posted in this thread.

Which chart should one go by?

TIA

Neil
              I believe this fine chart was made by our MOL member Danielsan
              and posted this for the first time on this board, so all the credits
              go to him, I just resized it a little, and you can find
              his thread right here:

Understanding the Professional Line
              I just love detailing

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin
                This chart lists RPM's for a rotary buffer. Your DA, G100, PC, uses OPM's, refer to those suggestions as listed inthe G100 forum.

Ahhh.... a correct answer for everything.....
                Thanks for clearing that up ...lol

I guess props go out to Danielsan.

Thanks fellas for the quick responses.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');