• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mini Cooper S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mini Cooper S

I finally got the time to detail my Mini Cooper S. Too bad that I had no camera for before/after photos to see all those scratches gone now. It was my first try with a machine, so I was really suprised

What a Sexy Mini..!!!!! Great job
    What did u use (products ) and method of application??

Comment

Looks fantastic!

I've been following your progression along from when you first joined our forum and began asking questions to this point in time where you've applied both the knowledge you've learned and the products you've accumulated to finally exit the garage to show off the end results!

Bravo!

Your results reflect your passion!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Very very nice!
        Got Faith?

Comment

looks IMPRESSIVE!!!

any mods done to your S yet...

Comment

thanks for your comments

Originally posted by amari
            What a Sexy Mini..!!!!! Great job
            What did u use (products ) and method of application??
            1. Washing and claying with Quik Clay
            2. For deeper scratches I used a product called "Rot/Weiss" which is a bit rougher than #83
            3. Then polishing with some products similar to #83 and #80 which some Meguiars shop here in germany gave me. The #83 and #80 order didnt arrive yet I used a Makita BO 6040 with W-8006 and W-9006
            4. I polished hard to reach areas with Scratch-X. It worked pretty good with the technique I learned here
            5. Polished the chrome with NXT, wow is that shiny again :
            6. On top of all, I used a product called "Liquid Glass". I know it is not so popular here, but I still got half of a bottle and used it now. As soon as my order arrives, I will top it with some NXT. For the next car I also ordered some #21 but for now I have the Liquid Glass on the Mini.
            Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Looks fantastic!

I've been following your progression along from when you first joined our forum and began asking questions to this point in time where you've applied both the knowledge you've learned and the products you've accumulated to finally exit the garage to show off the end results!

Bravo!
            Your results reflect your passion!
            Yea, I asked a lot of questions and the people in this forum helped me a lot. There are so many things you just don't know before doing it once. Without the forum I would have end up with a cheap rotary for $50 with one pad a rough product. I didnt even know that there are dual action polishers around. Well, so thanks to everyone you helped me out
            Originally posted by TrufflePig
            looks IMPRESSIVE!!!

any mods done to your S yet...
            Not too much yet, I got some new tires, coilovers from KW and some gauges. Now I need a bit more power, new seats and wheels. Then I am happy for the first
            Last edited by piebald; May 13, 2006, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Looking great, nice and shiny, good job
              I just love detailing

Comment

I just love those cars. Great detailing job.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');