• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Beading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Beading

Dear Mike & forum members,

Not to be repetive, but are you saying that the water beading has nothing to do with the quality of the wax. Just the surface tension of the paint (as on a "New Vehicle")
    Thank you,
    Rob Lins
    Sentrarob

correct...some are formulated to bead because thats what the customer wants, some are formulated to sheet water , which in a way is often better as the beads act like tiny magnifing glasses on the paint

Comment

That's correct, a clean finished weather waxed or not will bead water. Plus beading promotes water spotting and we're trying to avoid that.

Comment

Most waxes i see used makes water bead that i seen. I used scratch x on my moms scratch then put meguiars cleanerwax on it and that spot beads. Is that a bad thing for the water to bead now?

Comment

Well, a lot of the general public, esp the ones who will buy cleaner/waxes, think that beading is the most important thing. So, gotta give the customers what they want, even if it makles no real sense.

Now, as far as being bad, thats hard to say. If you wash often, then water spots wont have a chance to etch in. But if you live in a place where it rains, and then bakes in the sun, or you get sprinklers, then the sun, it could give a chance for permanent etching.

So for most people on here, it is no big deal because we wash often, etc. But certain circumstances could mean that a sheeting wax would be a help. Though water marks can still form, so it isnt a total solution, just a help.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is there a wax which promotes sheeting rather than beading of water?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');