• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 Nissan Pathfinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Nissan Pathfinder

Okay, so this doesn't look as extreme as other Extreme Makeovers, but if you saw this SUV in person, you'd really notice the difference. Here's my cousin's 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. He often washes it whenever he has time. Other than that, I don't think there ever was a wax job on it.

The first order of business was to remove the roof racks so I'd have easier access to the roof. Then, I proceeded with the wheels.

This picture alone doesn't give justice to exactly how dirty the wheel was. A few sprays of Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner and some scrubbing did a good job at cleaning the wheel face. If I have more time, I'll work on the rest of the rims.

Then, I washed the SUV with Meguiar's NXT Car Wash and The Original California MicroMitt. I managed to clean off most of the dirt that accumulated on the areas where the roof racks were placed.

After washing all sections, I dried it off with The Absorber.

Obviously, a roof with its racks removed after over 10 years is not gonna look pretty. It's like having tan lines after sunbathing for several hours. So, I used Clay Magic Clay Lube and a Mothers clay bar. Unfortunately, the Mothers clay bar wasn't doing its job. Instead, it was spreading its own debris all over the roof. That's when I tossed it and used the Clay Magic bar (not pictured) to finish the job.

Here's another angle of the roof after being clayed.

To finish the job, I brought in the tag team of ColorX and Deep Crystal System #2 Polish. Afterwards, I used NXT Generation Tech Wax for the painted surfaces, NXT Tech Protect for the black plastic and rubber trim, and NXT Glass Cleaner for the windows.

Here's the roof after a combination of ColorX, DC2 and NXT. You can barely see the "tan lines" from this angle, not to mention that NXT has brought out a wet look to the color.

For the tires, I used Hot Shine Foam. It gave the tires a nice, matte finish. But, I wasn't going for that look...

...so I brought in Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel and used an Eagle One Swipe to spread it evenly on the tires.

Here's the result of five hours of work. If it weren't for the bull bars, I would've attacked the headlights with PlastX. Still, the Pathfinder looks better now than ever before.

Last edited by areaseven; May 14, 2006, 04:38 PM.
    2012 KIA PICANTO
    Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
    Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Very nice job on the Pathfinder. I noticed the truck was in the sun durning the wash. I didn't know if you waxed in the sun as well. That light color isn't as bad as black, but I've always been paranoid of washing and waxing vehicles in the sun. Either way, you did an excellent job on it! Make sure you tell your cousin to take of it more now.
    2016 Focus ST

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I had no choice but to wash and wax under the sun, as there was no time to move all the cars (my cousin's Miata is in the garage, and that's my next project).
      2012 KIA PICANTO
      Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
      Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

thats exactly what look i was aiming for!! ill have to pick up the foam!
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');