• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass spotting

What is the deal with new cars and the glass never looks clean? I bought my car right of the transporter and cleaned it up myself. It is not hard water spots, like something in between the layers of glass. Tried clay and no help, cannot feel anything inside or out on the glass. Another thing, when using a microfiber towel on glass, it leaves ???????, got no clue what it is, have to rub like heck to get that off. A car clean nut for 35 years and a Meguiar's user since 1969, so I think I know what I am dioing. (I think)

Does it look like that? Mine seem to be in between the glass too and nothing works. I've tried clay, nail polish remover, magic eraser, and #4 Heavy Cut cleaner, but nothing works. I might end up just replacing the windshield unless you figure it out.

Comment

i think they are small rock chips! my car has them too
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Not rock chips, it is on or in all the glass, door glasses, rear, all of it.

Comment

And I thought I was the only one! I have a 2004 Toyota Celica and my windshield is covered with those same spots! They are not water spots or rock chips, I'm thinking of just replacing my windshield also. Does anybody know what these are?

Comment

Might be a problem with the lamination and those are bubbles in between the layers of glass.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');