• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wipes....the return!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wipes....the return!

Who would like to see the Ultimate Wipes making a comeback!!!

Yes, definately!
    64.38%
    No, not really.
    10.96%
    Don't care.
    24.66%
    Mandarina Racing

Never used them before. Any samples?

Comment

I've never used them before either. How are they different from the SS microfibers? Samples would be nice if possible!

Comment

The new Ultimate Wipes are smaller, white, edgeless, and have more "bite" than the Supreme Shine cloths.

The original Ultimate Wipes had black edging and were less plush than the Supreme Shines.
        Last edited by black240sx; May 16, 2006, 04:35 PM.
        Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Teh Ultimate Wipes were good, but the Supreme Shine MFs are better IMHO.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I have a few of those to remove wax from my wheels, they are small and thin enough to reach in to every part of the wheels.

Comment

it don't matter to me.

i reckon when MEGS discoutinues a product that they'll only bring a new one that's even better to the market in the near future.

cheers

Comment

While I agree that the SS towels are MUCH better than the UW. Sometimes you don't need a towel that big, or that plush. For example I use UW for Quik Detailing, buffing out Scratch X, cleaning windows, removing excess trim dressing, removing excess interior dressings, buffing metal parts, interior Quik Detailing, cleaning door jambs...etc. These are a few off the top of my head.

Alex
                Mandarina Racing

Comment

Originally posted by MandarinaRacing
                  While I agree that the SS towels are MUCH better than the UW. Sometimes you don't need a towel that big, or that plush. For example I use UW for Quik Detailing, buffing out Scratch X, cleaning windows, removing excess trim dressing, removing excess interior dressings, buffing metal parts, interior Quik Detailing, cleaning door jambs...etc. These are a few off the top of my head.

Alex
                  I still do use my UW for tasks like that. And they are still good for removing wax too. I prefer the SS for QD application and removal.

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

There's also this thread on MOL:

Ultimate Wipe vs Supreme Shine

P.s. I voted, " No, not really " cause I just love my Supreme Shines
                    and I think they are unbeatable, and I never use my UW's on the
                    finish of my car, only SS's
                    Last edited by DetailManiac; May 19, 2006, 01:46 AM.
                    I just love detailing

Comment

Ultimate Wipes are by far the better of the two towels... Not even a close one there..!

Not even close.

Comment

yes thats the problem.

the SS are just to big.they need to make these SS at a smaller size.

Comment

Bring em back, I have 10 that I use all the time. Cant seem to find any SS here. Gonna have to order some and do a side by side comparison.
                          If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

Here is a ebay item some might be interested in, you might have to pay a little for them:

Meguiars Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth 20pk 16"x16"
                            Search for Ebay Item #: 110001450959
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I just found some ultimate wipes this week. They were white. They were asking $7.00 a piece! I just ordered a 3 pack of SS for $6.50 from ADS. I haven't used either, but I think I will use the SS's over the UW for the money.
                              Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');