• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wipes....the return!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmboy
    I just found some ultimate wipes this week. They were white. They were asking $7.00 a piece! I just ordered a 3 pack of SS for $6.50 from ADS. I haven't used either, but I think I will use the SS's over the UW for the money.
    Wow! I bought a 20 pack from Meguiars direct (when they were still available) for $69.99. That was a better buy then I thought!They are good MFs, they don't scratch or swirl paint, good for removing wax, etc. However I think the Supreme Shine MFs are even better. They are more absorbent and better for use with a QD.

That's a great price on the SS 3 pack!

I'm running out of places to store all my detailing supplies!

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

The thing you gotta be extra careful about the SS MF's is that because they are so plush, they have the potential to hold a lot of hidden dangers. A problem that the UW don't have because of the very reason that many people don't like them as much is they are thinner.

I find that with the SS MF's that if you drop them on the floor and they pick up some leaves, running them through the washer doesn't remove the particles, and that spells disaster if you think they are clean and you use them to wipe down a car.

I always carefully check each towel as they come out of the dryer with tweezers before they go into my "acceptable" towel box.

Richard
      Richard Lin
      ShowCarDetailing
      5548 E. La Palma Ave
      Anaheim, CA 92807
      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Generally if I drop a towel, I don't use it again until it is washed.
        MF towels do have a tendency to pick up debris very quickly, especially the Ultimate Wipes.

Tweezers, now that is a good idea to remove stubborn debris! I'll have to try that.

RamAirV1
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I agree with that, but I've found that not everything disappears when it's washed, especially not with the SS mfs.

Tweezers are great! Try to use my fat fingers to remove debris and I end up pulling out fibers as well.

Richard

Originally posted by RamAirV1
          Generally if I drop a towel, I don't use it again until it is washed.
          MF towels do have a tendency to pick up debris very quickly, especially the Ultimate Wipes.

Tweezers, now that is a good idea to remove stubborn debris! I'll have to try that.

RamAirV1
          Richard Lin
          ShowCarDetailing
          5548 E. La Palma Ave
          Anaheim, CA 92807
          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

the item on e-bay is a 20 pack of UW for 65.00....$3.25 per wipe..
            Bill Poirier
            West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by black240sx
              The new Ultimate Wipes are smaller, white, edgeless, and have more "bite" than the Supreme Shine cloths.

The original Ultimate Wipes had black edging and were less plush than the Supreme Shines.
              Voted yes bring them back.

The older version had the black edging. The cloths were redesigned without the black edging and were more plush on both sides. The older version felt like one side was plush the other was just there and shouldn't be used.

I seem to remember the new cloths were cut with some sort of water knife to prevent any heat damage to edges which could instill scratches. Hence no black edging.

Comment

The originals weren't that great (the ones with the black edge). But the edgeless are great. They are an excellent buffing towel when polishing and for wiping QD while claying. They really have a "bite" to them.

I have one SS towel that came in a kit, and I never use it. It's just like any other MF I have, except with a large border and in a pretty large size.

The Ultimate Wipe stood out because it was useful and because it was different. The SS, to me, is just another towel.

Not that there's anything wrong with just another towel, you gotta buy those kinds of towels somewhere.

FWIW, when Meg's had their auction on eBay, those 20 packs of Ultimate Wipes were about $20-30.
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

So does anyone have Ultimate Wipes left in stock? Ebay doesn't have anymore auctions.

Comment

I voted yes as well. There are advantages with the new towel line as well as the older UW's. My favorite thing about them is how well they clean up when washed and how long they last. I have several thats are 4 years old and get near weakly use and are still in great condition.

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
                      the item on e-bay is a 20 pack of UW for 65.00....$3.25 per wipe..
                      thats not bad its 10.95 per UW locally
                      Patrick Yu
                      2003 Honda Accord
                      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Re: Ultimate Wipes....the return!

I never got the chance to try them before they were dicontinues. I use the SS Microfiber and there great. I'll givethem a try if they made a comeback.

Comment

luckily, my local detail supply shop had some and i bought three of them... i love em!

Comment

Never heard of them until this poll appeared. Currentlt use the ss. Am I really missing out on something here. Or is it more of personal preferance?
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have some of the UW that I bought when Megs had their E-bay store during the Katrina relief program...I found some on e-bay but they don't say Mequiars anywhere in the description so I'm leary about getting them...
                              Bill Poirier
                              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

The Ultimate Wipes were good, and I still use them. But IMHO the Supreme Shine MFs are better.

RamAirV1
                                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');