• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F150 Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Extreme

My fathers neighbor has an F-150 that was heavily oxidized and had calcium stains from hard water sprinklers. This truck was challanging for several reasons, 1) It had a CLUB on the steering wheel and I had to move it. 2)I only had a PC with me and I really could have used a rotary to cut through the grime.

Anyways, here are some befores...

This one is AFTER washing and claying (Went through 2 clay bars)

Another pic after washing with and clay

Here is an intresting photo, notice the two squares of clearity (the one on the left is 80 and the one with me is 83. Notice how my body fades away, the truck offers NO refelection)

Okay so there process was this.

1)Wash with NXT wash...
    2)Clay with Megs aggressive clay
    3)Wash with NXT wash again
    4)Polish with 83, PC 8006
    5)Wax with 2 coats of 21 synthetic sealent via hand
    6)Insane shine on tires
    7)Hyperdressing on wheel wells and all rubber and plastic trim
    8)NXT window cleaner
    9)Drink several beers
    Last edited by TH0001; May 18, 2006, 04:41 PM.
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

And the afters (sorry about the quality of the light and the angles)

And the reflection...

Comment

I guess I'll have to reload some of the pics, I have no idea why they turned out so small (too many beers?)

Comment

Crazy transformation!
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
          I guess I'll have to reload some of the pics, I have no idea why they turned out so small (too many beers?)
          Big transformation, I can't belive there is paint under all that!

How did you turn it around in the driveway with the club on, that had to be fun!?!?

As for the photos you linked to the small thumbnail in your gallery. When you are in your gallery click on the small photo you want to post, when the larger photos opens right click and copy the link of the larger photo.... so yes to many beers! j'k

Last edited by gb387; May 18, 2006, 05:59 PM.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

GB, thanks for your help with the pictures

Last edited by TH0001; May 18, 2006, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Here is the other before that I had small... AFTER CLAYING

Comment

I think going from the picture above to this shows the best demo of this make over....

Comment

WOW!

I bet the owner thought you took it to get a new paint job rather than just detailing it. Its simply amazing!

Comment

Comment

Awesome!

How long did it take you (not counting the beer drinking)?

How many beers did recovery require?

Comment

About 7 hours to do it, though I am sure with a rotary I could have done it in 3-4.

I did a couple test spots with 80 the night before and it did a very nice job, however the next day the 80 would break before cutting through the **** on the rougher areas, and by the time I finishied the front fender the pad was so gumed up it was crazy.

So I had to think outside the box alittle, so I went with 80 and a 7006 pad on some of the rougher areas to cut through the oxidation and lime, before finishing with 83 and 8006 pad. Even so it would take 2-3 passes with the 80 and 7006 to find any paint underneather and 2-3 passes with the 83/8006 to finish removing the **** and clean up the surface of the paint (only in the hard areas).

The passanger side wasn't bad at all and I breezed through it with 83 in about 35 minutes. The hood ate up an entire clay bar itself (which I always tear in half) turning it completely brown. The hood got 83/8006 followed by 80/8006.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');