• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning grained vinyl surfaces..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning grained vinyl surfaces..

As we all knowm some vehicles have grained vinyl surfaces on the doors and dash areas. Usually, the armrests and the panel just beow the window end up with ingrained dirt.

I spray the cleaning solution onto the area, then use an old rechargeable battery powered toothbrush to do the scrubbing, then wipe the surface dry with one of my older microfiber towels.

Works like a charm!
    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Thanks! Sounds like a good tip! I have the dirt ingrained in my vinyl so I'll see what it does.

Comment

Good tip. I just started using a battery-powered toothbrush and it's already one of my favorites. Works well for lots of things... May try it next to get the dirt, old polish/wax in between the letters on the exterior.

Comment

Good tip. I like to use the Meg's all surface unterior brush for dirty grained viynl. Is the electric brush faster, in other words does it save time?
        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

well I dunno about faster, but if you got soft toothbrush heads, it might be gentler. And fit into the nooks and crannies easier.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Cleaning grained vinyl surfaces..

this seems like a good tip. i will have to try this sometime thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');