• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a question after following 5-step paint care cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question after following 5-step paint care cycle

yesterday i followed the meguiar's 5-step paint care cycle .

1. i have a question how long i should do that again ?

i usually wash my car twice a month and i park my car in the baesment. i have found that there were always some road tar and dust on the paint every time.

2. does the nxt a sealent , too?

If you are asking about NXT Tech Wax, yes, it's technically a sealant as well as a wax. Meguiars uses those terms interchangeably.

How often you perform the 5-Step cycle has a lot to do with what kind of defects your paint aquires during normal use.

Technically, if you are doing everything right - you shouldn't have to get rid of any swirls since there shouldn't be a way of instilling them in the paint. It also depends of how good you want your car to look...some people are way more picky than others...

I wash my truck every week - but it's my company truck with my logo's and phone number on the side - so I like it to look as good as possible 100% of the time. Between washing I usually use a QD almost every evening - if it doesn't get too dirty. Be careful with the QD (Quick Detailer) though, some people try and remove way too much dirt/grime/dust with it - which is a GREAT way of putting swirls back in your finish...QD is just that, a quick detailer, NOT a waterless way to wash a car!

On top of that, I will put a thin coat of Tech Wax or M21 on it every couple weeks or so - with maybe a spray wax on the off-weeks.

Keep in mind this is AFTER you properly execute the 5-Step process...and is just my personal opinion.

I am sure some other people will chime in here - but I hope I helped in some way!
    Last edited by N.E.W.car; May 20, 2006, 06:24 PM.
    Nate Williams
    N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

Re: a question after following 5-step paint care cycle

Originally posted by FOX
      yesterday i followed the meguiar's 5-step paint care cycle .

1. i have a question how long i should do that again ?

i usually wash my car twice a month and i park my car in the baesment. i have found that there were always some road tar and dust on the paint every time.

2. does the nxt a sealent , too?

I have to ask.....

Is it hard getting it down the basement stairs?

Last edited by inthedetails; May 21, 2006, 01:31 AM.

Comment

it's not so hard . but there are always some road tar on the paint.
        i should wipe wax if i clean the surface contaminants with clay right ?

so i am confused.

and thank you ,N.E.W.car
        i will keep your words in mind.

Comment

I would do a complete 5-step at least four times a year. You will get great results. Add some wax in between the completes for even better results and protection. I wax my truck at least once a month. But now that I bought a PC it may be even more. I use the DC 3-step system when I do comeplete cleaning and NXT the months in between.

I would always use wax after claying. Better safe than sorry.
          Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Yes, ALWAYS wax after claying. Claying removes most everything on the surface of your paint - even wax.

Don't go at the road tar with a QD, you will end up scratching your paint, or at the least adding swirls.

You just have to deal with your car getting dirty - it's just part of life and driving. I am out doing something to my truck almost every night - and most of my neighbors give me the "you're going to wear the paint off that thing" comment. I take it as a compliment though.

Goo luck bud - and never hesitate to ask a question on here - even if it's something simple...we're always here to help!
            Nate Williams

Comment

my friends told me not to wipe on wax in circle .

how should i do if i want to remove the swirl marks and scratches with scratchX ?

Comment

The whole "don't wax in a circle" thing is a myth. The idea behind it is that if you are instilling scratches in your paint, hiding them in a straight line will be better than going in circles.

WELL, why the heck are you using a product that is going to be putting scratches in your finish???

There are some products that are going to scratch your finish (they have to, to cut the defects out) - but most of those are going to be used with a rotary - and then followed up with a less aggressive product to take those.

Bottom line, it doesn't really matter if you apply in a straight line or in circles if you are doing it the right way with the right product...
                Nate Williams

Comment

hey mate take a read of these:

How to Remove Swirls by Hand

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

best of luck.

post some pics so others can best see what is wrong.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');