• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD - How to use the PC for showcar results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STG
    The part after, "Hi, I'm Mike Phillips and I'll be showing you how to put a showcar finish on this Tuxedo Black Corvette using the PC."
    That's funny but its most likely true. I will be ordering this video as well even though i'm probably going to the harrisburg pa class, and going to the the piscataway nj one as well all within 2 weekends so i will be learning alot at them but the video im sure will help also.

Comment

I really enjoyed this video, it's long but full of information in detailed step by step processes. It's a necessity to anyone new to detailing that wants to have the right technique for the products they use.

Comment

Originally posted by F-150
        I really enjoyed this video, it's long but full of information in detailed step by step processes. I
        I watched it in one sitting a week after completely detailing my Mach1.

I told Mike I could feel getting tired as I watched him going through the complete process. It definately brought back memories of my own fatigue!

Comment

It does help to have a notebook with a pen handy to take notes. There is no way to remember all the tips and tricks in the video. I made the mistake of being extremely tired while watching the DVD and laying on the couch I ended up falling asleep due to the noise of the PC. I woke up a few hours later and the DVD started over at the end, so I watched it again and the part that I did watch the first time I missed a few things to write down! Its loaded with awesome information. I know I get far better results now then I ever have with the machine before the video.

Comment

Cool deal, I didnt know Show Car Garage was back-last time I tried it (long time ago) it was down. Might have been a bad day though. I'll have to look into getting this vid...and of course have once again registered on show car garage!

Comment

I just ordered my copy and I'm looking forward to watching it! After I watch it I'll probably have all my guys watch it too!

Comment

Just got my copy yesterday and watched it twice. Time to hit up ADS and get my arsenal of products.

It's a pretty amazing video.

Comment

Mine would be on a UPS truck right now. I get it next wed. Can't wait to see what all I've been doing wrong with the PC.
                  -Brian
                  2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

After removing the tape used to protect some parts of the car from splatters, there would be product residue line left behind.

Would it be easier to remove the tape first and go around with the MF bonnet than having to wipe it off with a MF cloth later?

Comment

Got the DVD Friday and watched it that night. My g/f even watched it with me and was impressed on what she learned. I can't wait to get my hands on a G100 so I can start putting a "real shine" back into my cars. Thanks Mike and Steve, you did a great job on your first "How to To" DVD.
                      2016 Focus ST

Comment

Those who have watched it, even though that Corvette is a single stage paint, can you still use a lot of the information for today's cars. I know that single stage paints are a lot easier to deal with since they don't have clear coats, but just curious.

Thanks

Comment

tons of tips.

a great help.

thanks mike

i didn't need to take notes. i'm lucky to have an ability to hold/memorize/remember lots and lots of information

Comment

Rascal
                            Just a slight clarification. The video was a collaboration between Mike Phillips and myself, Richard Lin (OctaneGuy). Steve Radigan was the owner of the Corvette and even appeared in the video, but other than that, he had nothing to do with release of this DVD.

SkeeterJD
                            The techniques are the same regardless of whether you work on a clear coat or a single stage finish. I wouldn't say a single stage finish is easier to work on over a clear coat finish, but rather its more forgiving or offers more possibility for dramatic restoration when it becomes oxidized. So to answer your question, everything that is shown in the video can be used on either type of finish.

Richard

Originally posted by rascal
                            Got the DVD Friday and watched it that night. My g/f even watched it with me and was impressed on what she learned. I can't wait to get my hands on a G100 so I can start putting a "real shine" back into my cars. Thanks Mike and Steve, you did a great job on your first "How to To" DVD.
                            Last edited by OctaneGuy; Jun 5, 2006, 08:22 AM.
                            Richard Lin
                            ShowCarDetailing
                            5548 E. La Palma Ave
                            Anaheim, CA 92807
                            toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

I just got my DVD yesterday and watched it last night. I think it's great! I really enjoyed watching it. I learned a lot from watching it and I can't wait to try out some of the things taught in the DVD.

Comment

watched it today. learned i'm working the product too long! great dvd!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');