• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD - How to use the PC for showcar results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for everyone's information. This DVD is only going to be offered for another 24hrs. Don't be one of the people who always wanted one but will NEVER have one if you don't order it now. I got one of the first ones and have never been sorry. More info than you can ever get at one time, and you can watch it over and over. So don't be one of the "I wish I had got one", "I missed out", or "I just never got around to it" guys. Order now, or miss out.
    2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
    AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
    1st Place-Best Overall Detail
    3rd Place-Best of Show
    March 26th, 2011

Comment

I have watched the video twice already and really enjoyed it!! I have one question though,

On the hand test spot mike uses
      1.Scratxhx
      2. #7 Showcar Glaze
      3. NXT tech wax

Then after machine polishing/waxing with
      1.# 80 speed glaze
      2. NXT tech wax

applies the #7 on top by hand.

Does the pure polish go before or after the wax?

why not just put it on after the #80

Thanks for the advice
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by deltascrew
        I have watched the video twice already and really enjoyed it!! I have one question though,

1.Scratxhx
        2. #7 Showcar Glaze
        3. NXT tech wax

1.# 80 speed glaze
        2. NXT tech wax

Thanks for the advice
        Matt
        Matt, I can't answer that for you, but I know Mike will when he gets a chance. On another note, I'm glad to see another Mississippian here on the board. Where are you located at in MS? I noticed your ID says Deltascrew, so I'm guessing somewhere close to Greenville? Either way, it's nice to see other Deltans here that care about how their car looks. Welcome aboard MOL!
        2016 Focus ST

Comment

As was mentioned in the DVD, #7 Show Car Glaze is a Pure Polish and is a "beauty product" to be used at Car Shows and in times where you want the highest gloss possible, and durability isn't the issue.

If you want to use #7 as one of your polish/wax steps, then do it before the wax so it can seal in the beauty. Do it after the wax and it will still look great, but won't last long.

Finally, remember that #7 is best for darker colors and especially for single stage paints.

Richard

Originally posted by deltascrew

1.Scratxhx
          2. #7 Showcar Glaze
          3. NXT tech wax

1.# 80 speed glaze
          2. NXT tech wax

Thanks for the advice
          Matt
          Richard Lin
          ShowCarDetailing
          5548 E. La Palma Ave
          Anaheim, CA 92807
          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Let me just add that the two techniques on using NXT Spray Wax and the #7 Show Car Glaze at the end of the DVD were bonus techniques, and not meant to be viewed as final steps towards finishing the Corvette.
            Richard Lin
            ShowCarDetailing
            5548 E. La Palma Ave
            Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

If I buy this DVD am I supporting Mike and OctaneGuy?? If so, I'll be purchasing this DVD ASAP.

It's good to support your fellow car nut!
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
              2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                I'm guessing somewhere close to Greenville?
                you guessed it ...... Greenville

Comment

Re: DVD - How to use the PC for showcar results...

I just watched the DVD today for the 3rd time. I learned a lot from watching it. Well worth the cost. After watching the DVD the second time, I ran out and bought #7. I've heard some people on the forum say that they had some trouble using the product. I followed what Mike said and did on the DVD and I had no problems. Not only did the DVD introduce me to a great product, it also taught me how to properly use it. Great DVD!! Very entertaining.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Yes that's correct. This DVD was not produced, nor is it endorsed, nor sold by Meguiar's. We just demonstrated the techniques using the Meguiar's system and did our best to represent the company in the way that Barry would be proud. Not sure we achieved that goal, but that was the intent.

Richard

Originally posted by pcfxer View Post
                    If I buy this DVD am I supporting Mike and OctaneGuy?? If so, I'll be purchasing this DVD ASAP.

It's good to support your fellow car nut!
                    Richard Lin
                    ShowCarDetailing
                    5548 E. La Palma Ave
                    Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

It's a great DVD. Sells the product and proper technique very well. I'm sure Barry is very proud.
                      Sig, we don't need no stinkin' sig!

Comment

We're just days away from the next DVD, this time on the Rotary buffer along with the Meguiar's system, so if you enjoyed the first one, you'll love the next!

(Edit: Link removed per our forum rules) -Mike Phillips
                        Richard Lin
                        ShowCarDetailing
                        5548 E. La Palma Ave
                        Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

I bought the dvd about 2 weeks ago. I must have watched it about 4 times all the way through and about 6 more times in specific sections. I took detailed notes. There is so much material to absorb. Good job guys.

Comment

Woot!
                            I just got mine in last night! I bought the G100a and the DVD plus some other supplies from ADS. So I look forward to watching it tonight after all the great reviews. Thanks Mike

Comment

YEEEEEHAAWWW!

Great Video! my 1997 Pebble Beige Maxima never looked better! even the Boss stepped out to take a look!

Thx for educating me
                              Progress is perverting an perfectly good idea!

Comment

i just got my G100 along with this dvd today

after watching the dvd i have a few questions

1) the main reason i bought the G100 was to relieve my hand from all the "passion" my car demands & also time

so my next question has to deal with if i'm in the care & maintain phase...i would normally wash, dry, and apply quick wax spray by hand, remove wax/buff by hand

now since i'm the type of person that doesn't like to let things go to waste...i'd find a way to get the most out of the G100...like use it to apply the wax & remove the wax... it seems like i would have to go through the process of taping off all the areas...which would be a PITA to do everytime if i wanted to wash the car & use the G100

another scenario i thought out was maybe use the quick spray wax by hand & use the G100 to remove/buff out the wax

maybe i just discovered the double edge sword when using the G100 when applying products...taping off is required

2) whenever mike is using the foam edge techinque or trying to pick up some product from "kissing the paint" blotch he dabbed on

the side that gets lifted/tilted how much sling is that creating...since the pad isn't perfectly flush with the surface

3) it would been nice if the dvd covered how to tell if a G100 pad gets too saturated...it just went over how to clean it up using a cloth

overall the dvd was great...saw some techinques that weren't covered in the classroom i attended
                                Last edited by ebevo; Dec 19, 2006, 12:41 AM. Reason: mispellings

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');