• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RED MAKEOVER CHEVROLET CAVALIER & ASTRA*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *RED MAKEOVER CHEVROLET CAVALIER & ASTRA*

I did the cavalier by hand a while ago, because my products didn't arrived in time and I really wanted to detail a car, at that time I used scratch X for the swirls and it was very tiresome. Now I'm armed with a PC (G-100) and some Mirror glaze products so this is my second try with this car. This is the link My first post detailng a red cavalier

The first thing I did was the engine bay and you can see that it was very dirty.
    ENGINE BEFORE

I used some *Super Degreaser D10801* that a friend gave me and it was good stuff, very powerful and it smells good and of course a little scrubbing, I wrapped the alternator with a plastic bag and rinsed with the hose, when it was dry, I applied *Cleaner wax A1216 in the painted parts and then I applied some*NXT Generation™ Tech Protect G12924* and I know that is mainly for interior use but when it dries, it doesn't attract dust if you wipe the excess and because it was the only thing that I had available

ENGINE AFTER

Now on to the paint, I washed the car with *NXT Generation™ Car Wash G12664* and I didn't clay the car this time ,this is a picture of the TRUNK.

THIS ARE THE BEFORE PICTURES

a little closer.

This is a picture of the HOOD.

a close up.

THIS ARE THE AFTER PICTURES
    I did 2 passes with *Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner/Polish M8301* and one pass with some german product, and the swirls were gone but some scratches remained but in the end I think the results are acceptable (I need a rotary polisher I'm obsessed )

A zoom that shows the scratches.

Then a few days later I applied *Professional Paste Wax #16*

Very glossy
    Last edited by The Doctor detailer; May 22, 2006, 01:47 PM.
    ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Great write-up and demo.

This is one Shiny Cavalier. I just love how the car turned out very Clean and Glossy..

Comment

Hermoso !!!!!!!!
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

The pictures of the chevrolet astra are coming and with this car is very weird because it has single stage red paint in the roof and only in the roof, the owner said that it never had been in an accident or it has been repainted.

In reality this is an european Opel astra but here in Mexico we get it under the chevrolet brand.
        Here is a picture of the new generation of the astra that after 3 years of it's debut in europe we are finally going to get.

I really like the new astra and the sport version that are selling here it has 200 hp the same ponies like the new vw GTI so in the near future, i will have a tough choice (maybe a solstice even)

Comment

Well this a red chevrolet astra. I started of course by washing the car with Nxt gen car wash, I think it cleans better than gold class car wash and it smells better jejeje, I used the versa angle body brush with the 2 bucket method and it works very good.

PRODUCTS USED FOR WASHING:
          *NXT Generation™ Car Wash G12664*
          *Versa-Angle Body Brush X1030*
          *Hot Rims® All Wheel Cleaner G9524* Previous package.
          *Versa-Angle Wheel Face Brush X1020*
          *Versa-Angle Tire Brush X1010*
          *Ultra-Safe Wheel Spoke Brush X1160*
          and the wolfgang tire gel that I got for free, I wish that Meguiars produces something like this for only cleaning the tires, because I´m not fan of foam products, I feel that they don´t last long, and I really like to really clean the tires not only to apply some dressing.

This the car before washing. You can see my little sun friend in the background

A close up of the tire. very dirty.

After washing it looks a little orange.

This the roof with a bird present, oxidized paint and very strange single stage paint.

This car has a lot of black trim, thing that I hate, because you have to mask all the car very good with the trusted blue painters tape.

PRODUCTS USED FOR POLISHING:
          *Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner/Polish M8301* # 83 for short.
          *Swirl Remover M0916* #9
          *Show Car Glaze M0716* #7
          *NXT Generation™ Tech Wax G12718*
          *Electric Dual Action Polisher G100A* PC
          and pads from LCM

I did 2 passes of # 83 to the entire car but then I noted some micro marring so I used #9 because I don´t have the speed glaze #80 and it worked very good, next I used the # 7 I applied it to the entire car and removed inmediately and finally 2 coats of Nxt Tech wax.

One thing that was very strange is that the roof has SS red paint because when I lifted the pad I found this:

When cleaning single stage paints the pads gums very quickly, so you have to clean them more often or switch pads, but the results are more dramatic.

After one pass with DACP # 83

More pictures coming

Comment

this are close ups of the fender wells

Some of the products used.
            I applied endurance with my trusted brush.

Final shots. Now it looks red

TNX FOR WATCHING.

Comment

Nice work how long did it take you to clean the cavalier engine? and did you use a pressure washer?

Comment

Very Nice Detail Dr. I prefer working with SS paint, I find the results much more dramatic and eaiser to cure, than a typical BC/CC. Only issue is thickness, which on newer/ repainted cars isn't too much of an issue.

Comment

thanks SiriusRIMZ I agree that Single stage paint gives better results and is wonderful to see the new paint appearing before your eyes but the owner swears that this is factory paint and
                  I believe her because the ss paint where only on the roof, and to answer x2099 It took me like an hour to detail the engine and i used only a hose.

Comment

Orale paisano, de verdad que te luciste!!! que ventaja tienes al estar cerca de la frontera. Yo quisiera comprar una G100 pero aqui esta cañón, Meguiar's de México la vende en $5000 + o -

Saludos desde el DeFectuoso

Comment

Very nice job and a real good write up!
                      Which was the German product you used on the chevrolet?

Comment

I used Klasse All in one polish because I read in autopia that klasse and a good carnauba wax like #16 is a good combo.
                        And good luck to Germany in the FIFA world soccer cup

Comment

Thank you! Same to Mexico, it'll be hard against Argentina.
                          But I have to tell you that Klasse is no German product. It is produced in the US (as far as I remember) and "Made in Germany" is only printed on for marketing. I have never seen it here in Germany and only heard about it 1 or 2 people here using it. They bought it at Autogeek.net
                          Last edited by _G-DoG_; Jun 22, 2006, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugo
                            Orale paisano, de verdad que te luciste!!! que ventaja tienes al estar cerca de la frontera. Yo quisiera comprar una G100 pero aqui esta cañón, Meguiar's de México la vende en $5000 + o -

Saludos desde el DeFectuoso
                            5000!?!?!? Pesos o dolares?? Es demaciado. Ahorita vivo en Tejas, pero naci y soy de Saltillo, Coahuila, alli por Monterrey, unos 45 minutos.

Comment

Si desgraciadamente Meguiars de Mexico http://www.meguiars.com.mx vende sus productos al doble o triple de lo que lo consigues en EUA lo cual no es un problema para mi pues frecuentemente voy a la frontera y consigo productos por ejemplo la G-100 la consegui por 112 dls (pc ), por ejemplo NXT tech wax se vende en 323 pesos pero la linea profesional solo la compro por internet y aun asi mas barato.

Translation:
                              Unfortunately Meguiars Mexico sells its products at double or triple the price of what you get in the U.S. wich is not a problem for me because I often go to the frontier and get some products like the g-100 (pc) wich I get for 112 dls., for example NXT tech wax sells for 323 pesos in Meg´s mexico but the professional line I only bought it for the internet and still cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');