• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

62 step car detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 step car detail

Ever used $10,500 US wax? This guy has. This person details expensive cars. Worth checking out. Check out what items he uses.

Wow,
    That's crazy, but why is he washing a car in direct sunlight?? You would think for 5K, he would have an indoor area to wash cars.

Comment

I also saw where he applied the wax by hand????

Comment

Still trying to figure out what the 62 steps are ?

Comment

Originally posted by 96greencivic
          Wow,
          That's crazy, but why is he washing a car in direct sunlight?? You would think for 5K, he would have an indoor area to wash cars.
          Since he's in europe, I'd imagine he details under mostly overcast skies (im not generalizing, am I?), so I'd imagine the water drying and spotting on him would be less of a problem.
          Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
          Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

wow this guy needs his own fourm! I think their has been 5 or 6 thread that i have seen on just this guy!
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

i think hes mobile so..me personally if i am gonna polish/seal i dont worry to much about washing in the sun unless the sun is hot that it causes the water to dry...i can usually get away with this in the early morning or late afternoon hours where the sun wont dry the water/soap. honestly he is pretty good and if i had the money those car owners have, some body from here or autopia would be detailing my cars

ps, the microscope he has looks the one i got

Comment

LOL mee too! I got mine from The Source(formerly radio shack)
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord

Comment

yeah this guy is crazy.

the wax by hand is sort of cool. is there any wax from MEGS you can apply by hand. not that i would try, b/c i probably wouldn't have that kind of patience, just out of curiousity though.

62 steps sounds a bit much.

and for that kind of money it better do alot of things for me besides look pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig
                    yeah this guy is crazy.

the wax by hand is sort of cool. is there any wax from MEGS you can apply by hand. not that i would try, b/c i probably wouldn't have that kind of patience, just out of curiousity though.

62 steps sounds a bit much.

and for that kind of money it better do alot of things for me besides look pretty.
                    I was going to try to apply #26 by hand but I could not find it anywhere, hopefully someone will try it. I know someone is about to say "simple physics will tell you that a applicator pad will give you better results" but applying by hand just looks so interesting. I think it would be like massaging a car
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                      I was going to try to apply #26 by hand but I could not find it anywhere, hopefully someone will try it. I know someone is about to say "simple physics will tell you that a applicator pad will give you better results" but applying by hand just looks so interesting. I think it would be like massaging a car
                      that's exactly the thing. Curiosity kills the cat. I'm more curious than anything to see if it works.

but i don't recall seeing him buff off the wax.maybe i missed that part.

does a wax exist where you put on as a final sealant and just leave it?

and yes it would be like ONE giant car massage. she deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                        I was going to try to apply #26 by hand but I could not find it anywhere,
                        Try your local NAPA store. They should be able to order it for you if they don't have it.
                        The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');