• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

multiple layers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple layers

Hey!
    Planning on doing some serious grooming the next two days.
    Only problem is that it´s been raining for a long time and there is dirt everywhere..

This is what I´ll be using:
    Nxt gen wash
    ScratchX
    DC paint cleaner
    DC Polish
    GC liquid wax.

Meguiars applicators
    Superior shine microfiber for the polish/wax
    AutoGlym chamois
    Sonax cloths

I´m very happy with the results that Meguiar´s products provide, however... -I´ve got a bottle of very durable "car wax" in the basement. My question is: Can I use this after the steps above to protect and keep the shine for longer?
    Or should i put two layers of GC wax?

Second question:
    Is the microfibre cloth useful for anything other than removing polish/wax and using on interior?
    The guy at the store told me he used it to dry his car after washing...?

I´ll be taking before/after pics!
    Thanks for all the help and learning you guys provide!
    Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
    Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
    00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Re: multiple layers

Originally posted by Joenok
    My question is: Can I use this after the steps above to protect and keep the shine for longer?
    Or should i put two layers of GC wax?

Second question:
    Is the microfibre cloth useful for anything other than removing polish/wax and using on interior?
    The guy at the store told me he used it to dry his car after washing...?

I´ll be taking before/after pics!
    Thanks for all the help and learning you guys provide!
    What kind of durable car wax is this? I'd say put to THIN LAYERS of Gold Class Wax or if you can get NXT Tech Wax, use that. If you want to add on top of that, add #26.

The Microfiber cloth is useful for drying if you want, but if you're going to use a MF for drying you might as well, and I recommend, you getting a WATER MAGNET. much better.

you can also use it on your rims...lol...

goodluck

Comment

Thanks-
      Well, I was planning on using the chamois and some cotton cloths for drying, I just had to ask.

Well, since you ask, the wax is a standard Turtle Wax. Doesn´t shine all that much, but my experience is that it has a better durability than the gold class. However, a layer of turtle on top of the GC might ruin the shine?
      Would like to use the NXT wax but I don´t have that to use.

I bet that microfiber would look nice after I used it on my rims...
      Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
      Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
      00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

can you not order in the NXT?

get some cleaner for your tires/rims. or just use soap and water.

i, myself, wouldn't put Turtle wax on top of GC. i'd just do two coats of Gc and see if you can get #26.

i'm not a turtle wax fan though. so i'm a little biased i'll admit.

Comment

.May be better to do the "durable" wax first, and then GC.

I will say, I have been putting Klasse Sealant Glaze after DC1 and DC2, and then I put a Meg's topper (either 26, GC, or spray wax) on top. I really do like the durability of SG so far. But, it's definitely more muted as compared to just GC on it. I'd say 85% or so of the GC shine.

In the future, I'm going to go the sealant route in the fall, and then GC throughout the summer . . . . .

Comment

The Water Magnet is a microfiber towel, and is really fantastic for drying, if you can get one or two at a decent price.

Now, the Supreme Shine is also a microfiber towel, but I dont find it to be anywhere near as absorbant.

Different kinds of microfibers can be woven and designed to do different things.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');