• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's G100 Warranty Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's G100 Warranty Question?

Hi Mike,

Does the lifetime warranty cover worldwide?

Re: DVD - How to use the PC for showcar results...

That warranty is worldwide as long as it says Meguiar's on it.

Originally posted by zeefauna
    Hi Mike,

Watched the DVD... I am impressed!

Can't wait to follow every single step you took on that black Corvette. Mine's a black car too, and hopefully will give the same results...

eagerly waiting for my G100A. Does the lifetime warranty covers worldwide?

Guys, you've gotta watch this DVD if have not done so...!!!

Comment

That warranty is worldwide as long as it says Meguiar's on it.

I apologize for the confusion here. To be more specific the lifetime warranty for the G100 is offered to anyone who purchases this machine from Meguiar's directly. If you purchase it elsewhere you will be subject to their policies/warranty.

Secondly, Meguiar's would be happy to honor a warranty internationally; however we cannot ship internationally so there in lies an issue. If you make arrangements on your own to avoid this then the warranty will be no problem.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann
        I apologize for the confusion here. To be more specific the lifetime warranty for the G100 is offered to anyone who purchases this machine from Meguiar's directly. If you purchase it elsewhere you will be subject to their policies/warranty.

Secondly, Meguiar's would be happy to honor a warranty internationally; however we cannot ship internationally so there in lies an issue. If you make arrangements on your own to avoid this then the warranty will be no problem.
        That stinks. I bought mine new but not from Meguiars. Makes me want to sell it off and get one directly from Megs.

Comment

That stinks. I bought mine new but not from Meguiars. Makes me want to sell it off and get one directly from Megs.
          Hopefully you have confidence in the retailer you purchased it from. They should be willing to take care of you if and when the time comes.
          Brian Hann
          Meguiar's Inc.
          Irvine, California
          bhann@meguiars.com
          (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by 96greencivic
            Did you get it from ADS by chance? Rick backs up the warranty as well. Had to get mine replaced but that was due to UPS damaging it.

Comment

Even though I purchased my G100 directly from Meguiar's, I remember being told that the warranty only depended on the labeling, NOT WHERE IT WAS PURCHASED. (And that was face-to-face at Meguiar's HQ in Irvine.) I was told I didn't need to keep my receipt as the Meguiar's labeling on the PC is all that is need for a warranty claim.

Additionally, I spoke with customer service last week and it seems that Meguiar's lost all evidence of my last purchase, which was between $300 and $400. I was told that this could have been the result of a computer system switch-over.

If Meguiar's looses their internal records of my G100 purchase ( I can't find my receipt), am I hosed on a warranty claim? Further, if I recall correctly the G100 lifetime warranty isn't written anywhere and we are relying on the statements of Meguiar's employees who evidently may or may not have the authority to answer the question in the first place.

I'd like to point out that those who have purchased a G100 from a Meguiar's dealer or distributor probably relied on the statements of a Meguiar's employee whom they believed was an authorized agent for the company.

If my G100 fails, I'll send it to Jorge, not Brian!

Last edited by STG; May 25, 2006, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Even though I purchased my G100 directly from Meguiar's, I remember being told that t

STG,

I apologize for our difficulty in finding your most recent order. If you would like to forward me your name and address at the time you ordered I am fairly confident I can locate it for you. We did implement an entirely new system for our database last summer and that can make it more difficult to find older orders. I promise you the info is still there though.

Part of the confusion with our warranty even on our end is the change in distribution. Until fairly recently we very rarely received any G100's purchased outside of Meguiar's sent back to us for replacement because they were almost none out there. The access to these was limited to nearly impossible to find outside of purchasing it from us directly. That is recently and rapidly changing. The statement "if it has our name on it" refers to Porter Cables almost identical machine. When customers would call sometimes the only way to distinguish whether it was our machine or not was to ask if it has our name on it. If it did we were %99.5 sure it was our machine and they bought it from us. We then also check our records to find the original order.

What concerns me most about your post is the suspicion that we have a fictitious warranty and are waiting to hose customers. I do not know what happened in a previous interaction with Meguiar's that would lead you to believe something like this. I think you will find an overwhelming number of our customers, even on this forum who trust us %100. We have sold this machine for a at least a decade to thousands of satisfied customers. Although the G100 is of the highest quality, you can imagine we have had quite a few returns for replacement. I personally have probably processed a few hundred in my 7 years here. We have a very liberal return policy and we have kept thousands of customers loyal to us because of it.

Policies are not the foundation of our company; however they do exist to protect both us and our customers. Our primary concern is taking care of our customers. Aside for standard policies and business practices, which have to be in place, we are always willing to make exceptions. We make an effort to hear everyone out and come to a conclusion that almost always leaves the customer loving Meguiar's, although we are not perfect. If you personally have had an issue that was resolved in an unacceptable manner please contact our Quality Assurance Manager Tom MacDonald. He will be happy to discuss it with you and make it right. We would love to improve in areas where we may be weak. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Without boring you with the details of our agreements with our distributors/retailers I can tell you that they should be happy to take care of you when there is any issue with something you purchased. If they are unwilling please contact us and we will determine the best solution with you. Just like any other consumer product you purchase, where you buy it from makes a difference.
                Brian Hann
                Meguiar's Inc.
                Irvine, California
                bhann@meguiars.com
                (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Welp... this thread is kind of an eye opener, how did I miss this one?

I know this thread is a little older but I purchased my G100, along with hundreds of $s worth of other Megs products so far from ADS. While I know with ADSs reputation they wont be going under anytime soon this kinda bothers me because I plan on detailing cars for decades to come, Im only 28, and bought the G100 based on that. Who knows what will happen with ADS in that time.. but Im hoping if something was to ever happen that Meguiars would take care of a loyal customer?

So to be clear... say ADS does go under... people that bought the G100 through them would be totally out of luck if their G100 was to die?

Im curious about this now.
                  ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                  561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                  --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                  --

Comment

Re: Even though I purchased my G100 directly from Meguiar's, I remember being told that t

Originally posted by Brian Hann
                    STG,

Policies are not the foundation of our company; however they do exist to protect both us and our customers. Our primary concern is taking care of our customers. Aside for standard policies and business practices, which have to be in place, we are always willing to make exceptions. We make an effort to hear everyone out and come to a conclusion that almost always leaves the customer loving Meguiar's, although we are not perfect. If you personally have had an issue that was resolved in an unacceptable manner please contact our Quality Assurance Manager Tom MacDonald. He will be happy to discuss it with you and make it right. We would love to improve in areas where we may be weak. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Without boring you with the details of our agreements with our distributors/retailers I can tell you that they should be happy to take care of you when there is any issue with something you purchased. If they are unwilling please contact us and we will determine the best solution with you.
                    Brian Hann
                    Meguiar's Inc.
                    Irvine, California
                    bhann@meguiars.com
                    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

So to be clear... say ADS does go under... people that bought the G100 through them would be totally out of luck if their G100 was to die?
                      Look... I can quote what I already posted too, except Ill be nice and explain a bit further for you.

I read what you posted.. but its still chalk full of "up in the air" talk. Meaning if a persons G100 was to quit working that a replacement would depend on certain criteria. I gave you a specific scenario... I bought mine from ADS first hand and have a receipt to prove it. If mine quit 5yrs from now, and if ADS wasnt around anymore, are you going to deny me a replacement or replace it?

Pretty simple question. How bout' a simple answer instead of taking me for someone who cant read a post? (simple, like a yes or a no)
                      ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                      561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                      --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                      --

Comment

Originally posted by 35th Anniversary SS
                        If mine quit 5yrs from now, and if ADS wasnt around anymore, are you going to deny me a replacement or replace it?

Pretty simple question. How bout' a simple answer instead of taking me for someone who cant read a post? (simple, like a yes or a no)

Simple answer:
                        No. If all the What If's take place we will not honor another
                        companies warranty for the G100. The warranty is something we offer to customers who purchase it directly from Meguiar's. You will have to trust that ADS does not go under in the next 5 years. I guess you have to trust that Meguiar's will still be here selling buffers and supporting ADS too.

Complex answer:
                        For those who trust Meguiar's please contact us directly if you have any concerns that are not neccessarily black and white. We find that when dealing with people not all policies are cut and dry. To set any policy in stone would be foolish and inconsiderate.
                        Although we do run a business and make policies to protect ourselves and our customers we pride ourselves in our high rate of customer satisfaction. We vow to hear you out no matter what your issue or request. We have a Quality Assurance Manager, Tom MacDonald, who's entire job is to handle any out of the ordinary issues. Tom also happens to be an active member of this Forum. It really comes down to trust. Do you trust Meguiar's? If the answer is "yes" then I hope you will respect us enough to contact us with any issues that do arise and give us the opportunity to figure it out with you.
                        Brian Hann
                        Meguiar's Inc.
                        Irvine, California
                        bhann@meguiars.com
                        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Re: Meguiar's G100 Warranty Question?

Brian,

I lost track of this thread a while back. At no time did I write anything in any of my posts stating or implying that Meguiar's has a "ficticious" warranty on the G100.

I simply stated that when I purchased mine directly from Meguiar's HQ (after a Mach1 detail day that I organized), I specifically asked about the warranty.

I was told in no uncertain terms that the only requirement for a warranty claim was possession of a G100. I specifically asked if a receipt for warranty service/replacement was required. I asked because if I kept every receipt for everything I owned, I would be renting storage space. I was told that a receipt was not required.

Subsequently, I placed an order with Meguiar's and found out that the records of my G100 purchase order were missing from your computer records. I didn't give it a second thought until I read your post here correcting Jorge's answer:

"That warranty is worldwide as long as it says Meguiar's on it."

(Which begs the question: Where did Jorge get that idea?)

I apologize for my confusion. I relied on the answer of a company employee whom I believed in good faith was an agent of Meguiar's. That answer was confirmed by a second employee whom I believed in good faith was an agent of Meguiar's. I believed both employees were capable and authorized to answer my warranty question. You can imagine how your DIFFERENT answer to the same question was, at the very least, surprising to me. Either the person who took my G100 order and Jorge are wrong, you're wrong, or Meguiar's policy has changed.

I have always trusted and relied on both Meguiar's products and employees. Ask Mike Phillips. Why else would I have driven a total of over 500 miles to have two of my vehicles detailed by Mike, plus gone through all the trouble to get a dozen or more Mach1 Mustangs and their owners down to Meguiar's HQ?

I still have faith in Meguiar's, Brian. But you have to realize it was your post correcting Jorge that put strain on that faith. You made it sound as though Jorge's answer was correct until Meguiar's started selling the G100 to distributors and/or dealers. Meguiar's product distribution changes have absolutely nothing to do with me or what I was told by Meguiar's employees. I was a happy camper until I read your correction.

Additionally, any warranty should be "set in stone" both as a corporate policy and what Meguiar's representatives tell customers verbally. The reason for this is apparent in Jorge's and your answers to the same question. If Meguiar's wants to go beyond any warranty for the purpose of customer goodwill, certainly that is an option done on a case-by-case basis.

I'll contact Tom McDonald in the next few days because I would like someone to find my original G100 purchase order and get a physical copy of it in case I have a warranty claim in the future. After all, if any "what ifs" take place, I need to be covered.
                          Last edited by STG; Nov 22, 2006, 11:45 PM.

Comment

What I want to know is why Meguiars would bother to sell it's G100 through distributors if it did not intend to always honor it's lifetime warranty? That is sadly deceptive, to distribute something KNOWN to carry a lifetime warranty through vendors, and then CONVENIENTLY say "no, sorry, no warranty - you did not buy it from us". Why risk such a hard fought for reputation over some simple stupidity?

Comment

I know what you mean. After all Ford remburses its dealers for warranty work on My Mach1 and F250. Funny, Subaru does the same for my Legacy GT. The dealers do not issue their own new car warranties nor do they pay for claims on the manufacturer's warranty.

I can recall many products I've purchased that include a statement like, "If you experience trouble with your new XXXX, please contact the manufacturer, not the retail store where you purchased it."
                              Last edited by STG; Nov 22, 2006, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');