Arguments vs. Zaino
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arguments vs. Zaino

Registered Member

Arguments vs. Zaino

Well, I have 2 fbodies and I love Meguiars products. They are the right price, work well, and are readily availible for me at most stores. I like NXT and gold class stuff.

Full detail: NXT wash, clay, step 1, step2, 2 coats NXT and then just maintain as needed. My cars look great as you can see here.

I was wondering, can anyone give me some ammo to use vs. Zaino. I know it isn't a bad system but some of my friends are hardcore Zaino users and I prefer meguiars still. They don't badmouth it but always try to get me to convert. What can I say to them to counter these annoyances?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/phenomic

Your cars look great. The products you’re using now work great, are easy to use, are reasonably priced and are easily available. Seems like reason enough to stick with Meguiar’s.

If your friends keep pestering you and are rational, you can always ask them to demonstrate, not just talk about, how their way is both better and better enough to justify the hassles. (The key is for them to go through the trouble and expense to demonstrate it. If they actually go to the trouble of trying they’re more likely to come around to your way.)

If their enthusiasm leans more toward the “religious” flavor it’s usually best to just avoid the topic.

PC.

Have your buddys GIVE you the neccessary Zaino products and tell them you'll use them on one F-body. Have them guess which is Zaino and which is Meguiar's.

By the way, I stopped being interested in Zaino when I read on their website that they recommed using dishwashing soap to remove old wax! (Sounds like a cult ritual, doesn't it? We must clense your paint of foriegn waxes before allowing the sacred Zaino to be applied to your formally unworthly car.)

P.S.: If you size your pictures to 700 pixels in width, the rest of use don't have to scroll h-o-r-i-z-o-n-t-i-a-l-l-y to read your post!

700 pixels:

Last edited by STG; May 27th, 2006 at 04:55 PM.

All they really have to do is look at your cars!

Now I have never used Zaino but point them over to this web site. Have them look over the galleries the proof is in the pictures anything from "Extreme Makeovers" to the everyday details.

Here is photo to start with(#21):
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Corvette Crazy Detailer RDVT4ME's Avatar
    Zaino and Meguiars are excellent products. I've used both and have had great results. Just ask Mike Phillips. He's seen my vette when I used Zaino. Now I use Meguiars for a number of reasons and the vette looks great.

Bottom line, use what you like and don't sweat what the other guys say. If you're happy with your results (and your cars look excellent!), then you are using the right product.
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Registered Member
    Alright thx for the tips guys. Ive seen Zaino on cars and it does look great, but then again, my cars look just as great if not better. I really don't see anything spectacular about cars that use Zaino that sets it apart from other waxes.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/phenomic

Registered Member
    if I were you I wouldn't care. maybe point out imperfections in their car, and what meguiar's products would fix them. and just say you're getting the results you want with the products you use.

It's hard to convince Zainoheads. Zaino is a good product. My beef with it is (1) the incredibly detailed prep process that has to be followed religiously; and, (2) it's relative expense (and inability to be bought just OTC).

Even if you show people cars that were not done with Zaino that look as good as better as Zaino'ed cars, you're not going to convince these folks. Zaino has done an incredibly good job at marketing, where people are buying into a movement as much as they are a product. Similar to some hard-core Apple folks, for instance. It doesn't matter what you say, or what you show them, they're not going to be convinced.

Not usualy worth arguing... I mean, the stuff tends to work and protects ok, just expensive. Not really worth the effort.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Zaino = Say No

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information